cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Callers With Caller ID Withheld.

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

PlusNet Callers With Caller ID Withheld.

It's really annoying to get phone calls from someone saying they're from PlusNet and asking for your account details when you've no proof of who they are and they even withhold their caller ID. We're forever being told to protect our details from this kind of approach.

Why can't PlusNet provide proof of who they are (eg disclosing a minor detail about my account). I always end up wondering if I've missed something wonderful (but it's not worth hanging on the phone forever to find out Wink).

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
13 REPLIES 13
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: PlusNet Callers With Caller ID Withheld.

Although I do appreciate where you're coming from, we wouldn't be doing a very good job of protecting your details if we were to give out minor details from your account. You'd be surprised at the amount of times I've called a customer only to find that the number they provided at signup was incorrect and not actually the customer.

What you could do, is ask the advisor to raise a ticket on your account, at which point you'd be able to log in online and see the ticket, or simply just ask them to leave a ticket on the account advising what the reason for the call was and once you've had chance to view the ticket you could give us a call back Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
quelquod
Pro

As it happens the caller WAS from PN and DID leave a 'question' - it said this:

<<<

Dear Mr ****,

Following my call today, if you would like to discuss your package please contact us.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

>>>

So I still don't know what caused the phone call and I'm not too inclined to join the endless queue to see if anyone in CS knows what it's about Wink. Why not (for instance) use the email system to tell me to expect a call from someone? I can think of lots of ways to break the deadlock. Anyway I've replied to the 'question' but, as you may have heard, they tend to have quite a latency.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well anybody calling me from a withheld number gets blocked no exceptions.
If they want to talk to me they can call from a REAL number.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So what happens when it is the doctor's surgery as that is the case with mine

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I also reject all witheld numbers ,, Oldjim my doctor dont use a witheld number strange why any would ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HairyMcbiker
All Star

@OJ My surgery & dentist both know I reject withheld numbers, so they prefix my call if they need to call me. Been done before now.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@quelquod wrote:
I'm not too inclined to join the endless queue to see if anyone in CS knows what it's about Wink. Why not (for instance) use the email system to tell me to expect a call from someone? I can think of lots of ways to break the deadlock. Anyway I've replied to the 'question' but, as you may have heard, they tend to have quite a latency.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

We wouldn't put a ticket on to the account prior to the call as it may not necessarily have been read when we do call following this. We would then still have to put another ticket on the account following the attempted call.

In regards to the endless queue to get through to Customer Service. The queues haven't been too bad recently, http://csc.plus.net/ (Currently no calls waiting Wink)

@HairyMcbiker If customers have Anonymous call reject and calls from our auto-withheld number is rejected, we would then add the prefix to call without withholding the number, it's just not something we'd do for every single call we make.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@HarryB, Surley if you have option to show number, this should be the default.

I can see no advantage in with holding the number, if anything this could just increase the amount of time staff are on the phone.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star

@HarryB I don't have any options on the phone, just a cpr call blocker, a LOT cheaper in the long term, paid for itself about 2 years ago now.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

@rongtw wrote:

Oldjim my doctor dont use a witheld number strange why any would ?

What if person visits the doctor and doesn't want other family members / housemates to know that they have a health problem?

HairyMcbiker
All Star

Normally the doc/surgery will not disclose any details.
The fact they phoned is of no instance is it unless you check your call logs.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I say if someone is with holding their number ,,,,, they must have something to hide !!

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have a BT8500 phone with BT Call Guardian (TruCall technology) built in. It is set up to reject witheld and other type calls but if the caller is genuine e.g. G.P., bank, dentist etc., and they operate a witheld system, the caller has the opportunity to get through using a  voice message and I can then either accept or reject after listening to that message.