cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone queue message said CSC was over-busy - on a Saturday afternoon?

snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Phone queue message said CSC was over-busy - on a Saturday afternoon?

Hi there.
I rang the CSC this afternoon, and had to wait for over 3 minutes for tech support (Saturday 18th Feb, around 4pm, on behalf of account username "braunstone").  The call centre stats at the time said the average wait was only a minute and a half, and the max wait was 2 minutes.  This seemed a bit strange.
But most strangely, the message I got while waiting said the CSC was experiencing unusually high call volumes (or something similar - can't remember the exact words) and so I should expect a longer wait than usual.  Had someone forgotten to change the message over?  The CSC stats graph doesn't show particularly high call volumes at that time on a Saturday.

Any ideas what was going on?
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Phone queue message said CSC was over-busy - on a Saturday afternoon?

I *think* the we are very busy message is a manual switch on / off, so maybe someone forgot to turn it off.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Dear Plusnet staff,
Is dvorak right?
And how is it possible that the call centre stats, including the max wait time, were lower than the length of time I waited on the phone?
I look forward to a response.
matt_2k34
Grafter

I *think* the we are very busy message is a manual switch on / off

I also thought this.
Residential Call statistics (updated every 30 minutes)

Quite possible people called, then hungup due to the busy message to try again later. Also, the MAX wait time is the person who took the longest to get to the front of the queue...  When they dialled there may have been 100 people in the queue, when you dialled only 10, so it would of taken the CSC staff less time to get to you, than to them. If this makes sense?
I'm sure a member of Digicare will be over to clear this up though Smiley
Regards
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

is dvorak right?

Yes he is. Agreed, it just sounds like someone forgot to turn the message off, sorry for any confusion.
And how is it possible that the call centre stats, including the maximum wait time, were lower than the length of time I waited on the phone?
One possibility is that you could have been unlucky and actually been the person waiting the longest.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team