cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line never set up

cat2979

Phone line never set up

I'm absolutely disgusted ive just  been helping my old mum with her account and I've only just noticed that in April this year when I switched her broadband and phone line to you and paid £161 for a years phone line for her, that she has still not even got and is still paying a direct debit to bt for the phone line.
I feel an absolute mug for not noticing because i sort everything technical out for her since my dad passed away and she trusted me and I feel ive let her down. So she is currently paying 2 phone line bills, if there was a problem why didn't u let us know. I put my mobile number on her account and I have had no phone call.
I've just tried ringing and to be honest i have not got time to sit waiting in a line to talk to someone and I couldn't find an email address anywhere and the online chat wasn't available so this was the only way i could find of getting an answer.
6 REPLIES 6
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Phone line never set up

Is it possible that Plusnet HAS transferred the line successfully and that the fault is with BT billing for a line that is no longer providing?
The Plusnet line rental has been prepaid but which company is charging for the calls?
Here is a case when Plusnet was at fault.
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?topic=144257.0
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Cat2979,
A warm welcome to the forums.
You'll need to find a way of identifying your mum's account to PlusNET staff here to get you the help you need.  Log on to the portal using her account and use the link below to get to her ticket history.  Look at closed tickets, note one of the reference numbers and post it here.  PlusNET staff can then identify her account.
Whilst logged on, you can look at the billing history - does that show phone call charges (assuming she makes calls)?  If there are call charges, then the error is BT Retail's.  Another way of finding out who owns the line yourself is to go BT Retail's report a phone line fault web page.  If you put the phone number in there it will report an error if BT Retail does not own the line.
If BT Retail do still own the line, then you'll need answers from PlusNET as to why the order failed and why it was not addressed at that time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi Cat,
really sorry about all of these issues, can you confirm the forum account you are posting from is linked to the account in question so I can get things sorted for you
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

I've had a good look through things and have found the cause of the problem so hopefully we can get this rectified for you.
The issue seems to be related to the processes that were in place back when the account was created, as this was back when MAC's were used as part of a transfer, we would transfer the broadband asset first then the phone, this would all be controlled by our automated systems in most cases, placing the broadband order then the phone,
It does seem that the broadband transfer went through smoothly but the phone transfer was not started at all by our systems, as it failed to attempt to place the order it did not generate an error for us to investigate as the system believed everything was fine(this is a problem that has been resolved since the removal of MAC's)
I've now placed the phone transfer which will complete on the 18th for you, the Line Rental Saver paid in advance will begin once the phone is with us and continue a year from that point, I'll keep an eye on things to ensure we don't have any more problems, as things stand we have only charged for broadband and not the phone line as that didn't activate our side
cat2979

Thank you all so much for your help, and I'm sorry I was a bit rude in my first message, I  was more annoyed at myself for not noticing to be honest.
Thank you again and a happy new year to you all.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Cat,
Really pleased that you've got a quick answer on this one - DarkFire is proving to be a real whizz on provisioning odd-balls.
As for being rude, your irritation is very understandable and you've been far less rude than many around here who have less justification.
Here is hoping that things will be smoother fro you in 2016.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.