cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone cut off by Plusnet

Letdown

Phone cut off by Plusnet

I have been thinking about leaving plusnet (after several years) due to the cheaper bundles on offer elsewhere. However when I just tried to make a land line call from home only to find my phone cut off because I have over used it during xmas - plusnet made the choice for me.
They are prepared to reconnect my phone if I pay £100.00. Unbelievably poor customer relations….
11 REPLIES 11
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Phone cut off by Plusnet

Have been thinking of joining Plusnet phone service, for a considerable amount of time...... Undecided
having read this,  Shocked
                                        I am sincerely glad I decided against the idea.
James
Grafter

Hi Letdown,
I'm sorry that we didn't reply to this thread yesterday.
Mand has been looking into the issues that you experienced to try and find out what happened and she's just chasing some information from one of our developers.
Not applicable

Hope that it gets sorted soon but am surprised about this as I had read that there was now a new procedure in place to prevent this happening (saw it in EOD report a few weeks before Christmas).
Also hope that it doesn't put Shutter off - I have been using it for 2 years now and have had no problems except a technical one which was speedily and efficiently dealt with by PN.
BTW Letdown - can understand your need to save a bob or two but having had quite a few problems lately dealing with my friend's broadband problem with a cheaper, well known company, can only say - be careful.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Having looked into your account your 'phone was restricted due to you exceeding your credit limit.
You would normally receive a warning email advising that your limit was almost up, and advising you to top up your account, however after further investigation we identified a problem which prevented the email from being sent.
This has now been resolved, and all warning emails are now being sent again.
In your particular case because of this what we can do is remove the call barring, and increase your credit limit to give you a bit of head room if you'd prefer? This would obviously mean you'd get billed for all the calls on your next billing date, but would remove the need for a top up right away.
Please let me or one of the team know if you'd like to do this and we'll happily arrange it for you.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Mand,
In the interests of completeness and to allay other users worries can you address this point in the original post
They are prepared to reconnect my phone if I pay £100.00. Unbelievably poor customer relations….
Mand
Grafter

When you exceed your credit limit the amount requested is the amount you have exceeded your credit limit by plus £5. Alternatively you can top up your account by a larger amount to leave credit for the remainder of the month.
I'm not sure where the figure of £100 came from, and would appreciate some info from the OP on that one myself. If there's a misunderstanding within the CSC I'd like to clear it up.
Letdown

Hello, the "£100" reconnection charge was quoted by a Plusnet person over the phone. I had apparently exceeded my limit of £70 & had built up a bill of £80ish - I would have expected Plusnet to be pleased at this expenditure given how I have paid loads over the years - never failed to pay & have caused other people to join them. Talk about bite the hand that feeds....
Plusnet have been good on the whole as an ISP
I would have expected Plusnet to have looked at my account history - considered my phone call - then RECONNECTED MY PHONE - but no
Not applicable

Although rules are there to be obeyed, It sounds a bit extreme for such a sum of money and I hope that your telephone is now reconnected with no charge. Adding a bit of credit might have helped I suppose.
As I mentioned before though, what has happened to the new procedure that is supposed to be in place for this sort of thing?
James
Grafter

Hi Poppy,
AFAIK, the new procedure is for failed billing & not for exceeding credit limits.
Eitherway, I've asked Mand to have a look at this thread when she gets a chance (she's been in a bunch of meetings) and she's said she'll reply either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

James,
I think this is what is being referred to http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1229692293.htm
As a result of this work any customers who fail billing, or reach their call credit limit, will no longer have a bar placed on outgoing calls. Instead, any outgoing calls will be routed to our Customer Support Centre (on a freephone number), so that we can resolve any issues immediately.
Not applicable

Thank you for that Oldjim - I thought that I had seen it somewhere fairly recently and glad that I wasn't imagining things.