Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone activation appointment changed

tmarat
Dabbler

Phone activation appointment changed

Hi,
When I booked the appointment which buying the broadband package, I was allowed to choose 18/06 1 to 6pm as the phone activation slot. I received a couple of e-mails today confirming the appointment, and the provisional landline number. And then out of the blue, the appointment was changed 27/06 8:30-1pm. Upon calling the customer services, I was told that the dates booked during buying the package are "provisional". So why don't you guys tell that at the very beginning in "flashing red"? Why should I have to scour the complete page to find the "provisional" clause? Needless to say, I was able to haggle it down to a date of 25/06, but reading the feedback threads, I am not filled with confidence about meeting that date either. The fact the broadband is going to be used only for 3 months (on a no contract basis) further compounds the problem, since this delay is eating into the usage period. Not happy to say the least. The phone order ref number is OR0000002693602. Also, I received an e-mail that I will be charged £9.99 on my direct debit, which is assume is the pro-rata amount for this month's services. Now that the activation date has been pushed back, will I still be charged £9.99?
12 REPLIES 12
tmarat
Dabbler

Re: Phone activation appointment changed

And now I received another email from support that my phone line is due to restarted in 24 hours. The ticket number is 70877014. So which one is exactly true? Is it 18/06, or 25/06, or 27/06? So should i take a half day on each of these days?  Shocked
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@tmarat
Hi there, I'm really sorry about the confusion that seems to have cropped up surrounding your start with us.
I'm starting to get to the bottom of what the issue is. An engineer visit for your phone line would only be needed if a line needs to be physically installed and it seems that for some reason we believed that needed to be done initially. That would explain the email with a different phone number and a date of 27/6. Please ignore that, it's not correct. We're actually transferring the service over tomorrow (no need for an engineer to call) and as per what's listed on ticket 70877014 the broadband will be a further 5-7 working days.
I hope that explains it better and I will freely admit we did not communicate this to you well at all, we obviously have something to learn here.
Let me know if you have any further concerns.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tmarat
Dabbler

Aah. That is awesome. In which case, do we need someone to be physically present at the property, or it is not required (the phone line will be activated offsite)?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We're actually transferring the service over tomorrow (no need for an engineer to call

No one should need to be in at all.
Sorry again for the confusion.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tmarat
Dabbler

Thanks a ton. This is really good support Smiley Will await an e-mail from PN about the activation, since we do not have a landline phone at home to check the dial tone.
tmarat
Dabbler

Just got an e-mail from PN that the phone line has been activated.  Grin Awesome stuff. Stupid question. Will the router be shipped out now, or it has already been dispatched? Thanks for all your help!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Smiley
Re the router that's usually shipped out automatically a couple of days prior to activation, however I'd just dispatched it now for you to be on the safe side. It should reach you within the next 5 days.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tmarat
Dabbler

That's brilliant. Thanks!
tmarat
Dabbler

Just wanted to say that I received the router today, and I have hooked it up. Now waiting till 26th for the broadband to be activated. By any off chance, is it possible to check if it's still going to be 26th for broadband activation, or we can do it sooner? No pressure! Cheers! Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Everything's still on track, I'll keep an eye on it and if it does complete before the 26th I'll make sure I let you know.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Just to let you know that the order has completed this morning and you should now be able to connect.
Let me know how you go on.
tmarat
Dabbler

Sorry for the late update. Got an e-mail today morning about the activation. Will let you know when I get home Smiley Thanks again!