cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Troubleshooter - is it working for you?

PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Phone Troubleshooter - is it working for you?

Hi guys

I'm after some help, please Smiley

We're having some reports of customers not having the best experience when trying to diagnose an issue with their phone line, however, we're really struggling to pinpoint what the exact issue is.

If I could ask a few of you to login to https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/ & go through the steps & let me know what you see - does it produce an error? Does it time out etc? If you can then message me with your username I can then check in the background what's happened & close off any unnecessary tasks.

Thanks in advance

Liam

7 REPLIES 7
Adamtemp
Grafter

Re: Phone Troubleshooter - is it working for you?

message sent

GLOBALNET now part of madasafish now plusnet With The same isp since 1995 ( now all part of BT) now on a 21cn exchange wwstal 80/20 fttc
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It seemed to be OK, but then it reported:

"Oops, something seems to have gone wrong"

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Just tried a minute ago and got.

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

clicking the link gives:

Something's gone wrong...

We're sorry. There's been a problem, but don't worry, we're working hard to fix it. In the meantime, try refreshing your page.

If that doesn't work, contact us to report the problem.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
PlusnetLiam
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Thanks guys, seems we do have a problem then! We'll get straight on to it.

Thanks!

Morgs

I cannot see if you think this issue has been resolved ('We'll get straight on to it' 25 Jan 2017). However, when I used the phone line checker at the weekend (22/09/2018) I got the same message. As I thought the line had not been checked, I went through the process again and as a result there were two messages waiting for me on my plus net home paqge to tell me that a fault - T117 - had been detected on my line.

I suspect that on discovery of a fault by OpenReach that the handover from OpenReach back to Plus.Net is in somehow failing and as a result the plus.net webpage is left hanging, which then times out with the 'Whoops' message.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi @Morgs,

A warm welcome to the forums.

The process has been somewhat improved since this post was created (the problem was much more common), though there are still occasions where the UI repots an error, even though a ticket has been raised successfully.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.