cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Transfer Frustration

teabag

Phone Transfer Frustration

Would somebody out there from PlusNet please tell me whats going on with the transfer of my phone line from my existing provider to you guys?
I set the process in motion nearly a month ago and now seem to be stuck in a cycle of having the order placed and then cancelled a few days later, and then placed... and cancelled... etc.  Recently, I've been receiving emails daily (sometimes 2 or 3) telling me the order is placed...  then giving me a transfer date... then telling me the order is cancelled.
The message always seems to be that it is being stopped/blocked/cancelled by my existing provider (Blue Telecom).  As far as I know, (and I have spoken to them on many occasions), this is not the case.  They assure me they are not stopping the transfer.  I am convinced that it is some communication problem between PlusNet, BT, and Blue, and I said as much in a comment on one of my Open Questions.  No matter how many times I explain this to the guys at your call centre (in India?... phone lines really bad sometimes... can hardly hear them, or make myself understood) nothing seems to change.  The order gets placed and then cancelled again, repetitively, without anyone trying to solve the underlying problem of what exactly is causing the cancellation.
This week I spoke to someone at the call centre who assured me that PlusNet had spoken to Blue, and told them that they were taking control of the line, gave a date of  29th May, and told me that it was DEFINITELY going to happen, and 'not to worry Sir'.  Guess what, next day, I get a call to say it's been cancelled again!
I am at a loss as to what to do about this, and getting more and more hacked off by the whole rediculous process.  How can such a trivial matter be taking so long...?
Please somebody out there, help with this.
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Phone Transfer Frustration

What explanation, if any, have you been given for this last cancellation?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Sorry to hear you've been going through what sounds to be a really frustrating process!
I'm afraid that I don't have any access to the necessary systems from here, but I'll be more than happy to check this out on Monday for you.
teabag

Quote from: Anotherone
What explanation, if any, have you been given for this last cancellation?

The emails say: 'You've successfully cancelled your Home Phone service. If you change your mind, just go to our signup page at http://www.plus.net', as if I cancelled it myself.
The internal comments by the CSC analysts on my Open Question and on the phone say the order is being canceled by the other provider.
The other provider tell me they're doing no such thing.
teabag

Quote from: Jameseh
Hiya,
Sorry to hear you've been going through what sounds to be a really frustrating process!
I'm afraid that I don't have any access to the necessary systems from here, but I'll be more than happy to check this out on Monday for you.

I'd really appreciate that.  Thanks.
James
Grafter

Thanks.  I've asked Mand to have a look at thi8s this morning.
She's our resident Home Phone expert Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've spoken to a few contacts at Openreach and they are all absolutely certain that the line transfer is being cancelled by your current provider. The evidence of this is that the cancel order on our side is shown as a 'cancel -other' order type, which can only be initiated by the losing provider.
Have you tried escalating this with your current provider?
I do have another idea of how to attempt this if you get no joy with the escalation. Smiley
teabag

Hi Mand,
Thanks for looking into this for me...
I've just contacted my current provider, and a guy called Nick is going to contact his operations director and call me back, but going by previous experience I'm not hopeful...  I've had similar conversations in the past, without much joy.  I'm not sure they really have a grasp of what is going on, or how to fix it.
Is there a way to completely bypass them and get this done between us?
adie:quote
teabag

Hi Mand,
Another update....
According to Major Rathore at Blue, they have cleared the 'software issue' that was causing the problem, and the transfer process should now be able to go ahead.
So, can we please have another go at this.... and see what happens... fingers crossed.
Is there anything I have to do, e.g. make another request etc.
Teabag.
Mand
Grafter

Good to hear they've done something, let's hope it sorts it this time around.
I've kicked off another transfer order, fingers crossed! Smiley