cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Not Working Keeps Happening! Anyone else have this problem?

princess

Phone Line Not Working Keeps Happening! Anyone else have this problem?

Hi,
Does anyone else have or had a problem with Plusnet and the phone service they provide? My Phone Line has twice not worked for a period of a few weeks. This happened in June and August. Im not too happy with this kind of service and want to know if its a common problem?
P
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Phone Line Not Working Keeps Happening! Anyone else have this problem?

The phone lines are exactly the same as those you'd get from any other provider, along with the equipment they connect to in the exchange.
Having your phone unavailable isn't great, have you reported it to our faults team for them to look into for you?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
princess

Hi,
Yes i have i have been advised that when it wasn't working in June for the last 2 weeks of the month this was a fault with BT or the exchange. However it also stopped working again in August for pretty much the whole of August. But i was told that this was a fault at my end. This explanation really doesn't make any sense to me. Because i checked my phone before before i left for work and it was still not working and when i cam home it was working again. I have raised a ticket, because i would like an explanation as this doesn't make any sense to me, seemed more like someone was trying to fob me off.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forum.  is it just the phone not working, i.e. is the broadband OK?
princess

Hi,
Its a problem with the phone line the internet is ok, although i have been reading a lot of customer reviews and i know that a lot of people have  been having problems with plusnet internet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you say your phone is not working can you describe exactly what you mean please.
No dial tone when you pick it up?
What happens when someone rings your number? Number unobtainable/straight to voicemail/engaged/does the phone ring?
Have you got multiple sockets? Have you tried them all? Have you tried different handsets? (If you only have one borrow one from a friend/neighbour to test)
What happens if you unplug the filter and plug a handset in to the master socket? If it's OK then it could be a problem with your filter or router.
Have you tried the handset in the test socket inside the master socket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)