cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perfect transfer and product change process

randpwar
Grafter

Perfect transfer and product change process

I have just this morning completed the move from BT for my phone and to FTTC as part of the Value fibre package. Every stage of the process has gone absolutely without a hitch. The phone was transferred seamlessly last week and the fibre has been installed this morning
Just wanted to say well done to all; great service
35 mb!!!!
Rob
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Perfect transfer and product change process

hope you do a lot at night, wont take much to blow you Value allowance on 35 M
DeeDeeDee
Dabbler

I done an online order and the line went live within 40 mins and the Broadband went on a day early. I have made a call to customer services which was answered straight away and 2 calls to tech support. One was answered straight away as not at peak times. The other took a few mins but was in their peak time. I done a speed test and an hour after going live and its showing as 5.15mbps. I am happy with this for what i do online. Its better than what i though i would get on the value package.
The only problem i have is looking at my useage so far i know i am going to go over the 10GB allowance so it looks like i will have to upgrade. This looks like it takes the cost higher than some other providers who offer unlimited and 20GB packages for the about the same price. Since moving i have been using a vodaphone dongle with 3GB which i never went over so my usage on here looks wrong.
After having BT  and having to deal with their customer and tech support i wanted to make sure i used uk based call centre so time will tell but so far the service has been excellent  but i am going to have to keep an eye on the usage.
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
hope you do a lot at night, wont take much to blow you Value allowance on 35 M

We'll see. Would I be right to think that your glass is half empty?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not sure, it might be half full Grin
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Before midday it shouldn't even be out of the cupboard Wink
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The sun is over the yardarm now, and my glass is definitely half-full!
Let's welcome DeeDeeDee to the forum....  Hi, I'm sure you will have to watch your usage. As pierre_ implied, the faster your connection the more usage you're likely to have. Things like Facebook and YouTube can be surprisingly 'hungry'. If you do any downloading, iPlayer or whatnot, then you should really try to schedule it for the midnight-to-8am period when your usage doesn't count towards your allowance.
Welcome aboard!
Chris
DeeDeeDee
Dabbler

Thanks Chris, im keeping an eye on it. The kids go on Mathletics and some of the kids games sites. I think i will have to upgrade to the 60GB package. Its still only going to be around £21 per month so just about the same as other providers. Im happy with the speed and service im getting so far. This forum is good as well, instant answers which is a lifesaver for me as i know nothing about computers and techy stuff Cheesy Me+Mumbai is no good
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much everyone, it's lovely to get some positive feedback Smiley
If there's anything we can do to help please drop a post in any time.