cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

sheepherd
Dabbler

Payment

I am not surprised at the comments on poor service. Even with a direct debit PN can't collect the monies due to them for my phonecalls. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep sending me reminders that I am in danger of breaching MY credit limit and that they will cahrge me £5 for doing so.
The bill is now £75 and it appears that they will not collect this month either, so in Jan with the BB bill as well they will want £100 and they give me 3 days notice to ensure its in the account.  I can only say that as they can't be bothered to collect the money they could  at least have the decency to ensure that I am ready to pay them.
I am sure they will want payment when I ask for my MAC
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Payment

Hi there,
Sorry about the problems you've had.
I've taken a look at your account and can see you were affected by a problem we were investigating. We've now fixed the underlying issue and are due to take the call charges on your next billing date. We emailed you on the 1st December to advise of this, have you checked the email address you have set on your account?
If you'd prefer not to pay the full amount in one payment, you can always top up your credit as this will take whatever amount you top up by off the January call charges.
Once again, sorry for the problem.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sheepherd
Dabbler

Soprry Chris .
You did not email me on 1st Dec to tell me when you would take the money even though I had specifically asked for an estimate of when the problem will be resolved.
If you would answer your MAC number you would find that with luck you won't be billing me in January and as I have said previously I only authorise you to take the current months payment and I will send a cheque for the outstanding amount.
I also wonder why you are able to continue to operate without the revenue. Perhaps we are paying too much.
regards
John H.
sheepherd
Dabbler

I have searched my email and cannot find an email from you telling me when you will take payment for calls. There is one telling me that you will take the BB and line rental payemnt but that does not appear to cover the call charges. If I am wrong please explain.It won't be the first time and unfortunately nor the last..
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We sent the email to an @XXXXXX.fsnet.co.uk email address as that's the one we have on your account. If this address is no longer valid you can update it by logging in to the member centre.
The amount will be taken along with your normal billing in January unless you choose to make a top-up before then.
Hopefully that helps explain where the email has been sent to.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sheepherd
Dabbler

Sorry chris. I assumed all bills would come using the address that you use each month to bill me. Your credit reminders reach me, your product announcement reach me,your bills , request for payments reach me. It never ossurred to me that you might be using my address from almost two years ago.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

We sent the email to an @XXXXXX.fsnet.co.uk email address as that's the one we have on your account

I understood that all email communication from PlusNet went to the email address on the account AND the default mailbox for the account. Mine certainly seem to, I have my office email on the account and I get mails to both that and the default 'plus.net' mailbox.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sheepherd
Dabbler

Once again Chris, my apologies, as I was getting all your mail to me I never looked to see the address you were using. I assumed you would use the one you gave me. I have updated the details now, but I can't see why it didn't get forwarded as all the other mail has.
sheepherd
Dabbler

I still have not received the mail note and now you have cut me off for exceeding my credit limit. I hope the emergency line we have for my 90 year old  MIL works
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sheepherd,
The email was a one off and won't be resent, however you should have received this to your freeserve address. I've arranged for the call barring to be removed, I'm very sorry that happened - the line should be working again first thing in the morning tomorrow for you.
EDIT: we've checked and your line hasn't had any call barring applied, I suspect you've received the email notification but it hasn't actually been applied. Your phone should be working fine.
Please let us know if not, but there's nothing showing in the system here.
sheepherd
Dabbler

Matt
Many thanks.  If only I hadn't been so pre-occupied with other matters and had had time to look into the possibilities I would have made some payments earlier and we wouldn't be where we are now . Trouble was we don't ever have the benefit of hindsight until its too late and I was too worried that I would end up paying you 48 hrs before you took the direct debit.  Now that I have retired and am on a fixed ( reducing ) income I do hate owing money almost as much as I hate paying twice! 
I do appreciate all that the staff have done and recognise the quality of the staff, probably a lot more than PN senior management appears to.