cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pauluk: will my engineer arrive?

Pauluk

Pauluk: will my engineer arrive?

I have always found plusnet a fantastic broadband service but this upgrade to fibre is a nightmare.  Angry
I had to cancel my original appointment, with five days notice, and was told no problem at all and a new date of today was given. Then last Friday, the cancelled date, I got a text message saying the appointment was going ahead and i would be charged 50 pounds if I was not there. After a phone call plusnet did admit their mistake and confirmed I would not be charged. The next message was stating that todays date was only provisional. I got back in touch yesterday to verify it was going ahead and was told someone would get back to me. At 6pm I got a email saying the matter had been returned to the customer support team.So my girlfriend took the afternoon off work in case an engineer turned up.
I rang plusnet today and talked to customer support who rang their installers and advised me that the appointment was not going ahead. To make matters worse even though i had advised him of how difficult it was to make appointments because of work he had made a new one for mid next week!! Do these people honestly expect us to wait in for these so called provisional appointments on the off chance the install will go ahead?  I am still waiting for a reply to see if a Friday afternoon appointment can be made.
I hope we can resolve it soon.
Paul
adie:green Post split and title edited.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Pauluk: will my engineer arrive?

mod:note
Topic split off into its own thread for visibility.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Pauluk,
Sorry for the initial mix-up, as discussed your appointment is now booked in for the 7th December 1pm-6pm and I'll continue to keep any eye on your account to make sure all goes ahead sas it should.
If you need anything please let me know. I've also sent you a ticket to confirm this.
Chris
Pauluk

Thanks Chris  Smiley  All sorted now, looking forward to my fibre (my girlfriend read this and thought I was eating shredded wheat hehehe). 
Paul