cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic customer service

Kinoki

Pathetic customer service

I'm still at the mercy of some of the inefficient process / people in plusnet. Below is what I have gone through, I have raised multiple tickets, spoke to few many people no one want to listen to and understand the problem and they can only give me standard replies, when asked about how to escalate the below issue all of your executives says there is no escalation available and it feels that you have far too many CEO handling customer queries and leaving them frustrated. Below is what I'm going through ..
Please have patience to go through what happened on my case and see what I want as next steps.
1. In the month of Sept 2013, I opted for switching from BT to PlusNet for Broadband and Telephone Line.
2. To get the service (''reasonable service'') I was asked to Pay - Annual Rental Saver for Telephone + Broadband Rent in advance + Postage for router. I Paid it in full.
3. During the order online completion process and also over the phone your customer service executives promised that the lines & Broadband will be transferred within 3-5 Working days.
4. During the transfer process (ie; on 4th Day), I lost the BT Broadband connectivity without Plusnet activating the service. So I called up the service and he did something on your side and Confirmed that the transition is complete.
5. I happened to find out on the bank account statement that BT is debiting me £19+ even after me switching the service (you collected £130+ for Telephone and £9+ for Broadband). This was bit of a shocker to me.
6.I contacted BT customer service and they told me that PlusNet has not yet transferred the line.
7. I contacted your customer service and gave him the complete story covered in points 1 to 6 above and requested him to make good my loss on account of BT charging me because of PlusNet's mistake / inefficiency of not getting the telephone line transferred from BT even after collecting £130+ from me. It wasn't for my mistake that BT was charging £19+ a month.
8. I'm sure you have some of the most incompetent people in you organisation. Reasons for me to belive so are;
(a) I have asked for reimbursement of the BT charges that I was forced to pay because of your inefficient process to get my line transferred even after collecting annual rental from me but instead of doing that he went ahead requested your internal team to process the reimbursement of annual rental without my consent or authorisation
(b) On reviewing my Plusnet account online I saw this un-authorised 'action' being requested on my behalf in 10 min and I responded NOT TO PROCESS THE REIMBURSEMENT OF THE ANNUAL RENTAL AND VERY CLEARLY MENTIONED THAT YOU DONT HAVE MY CONSENT TO DO SO AND YOUR COLLEAGUE HAS PERFORMED AN UNAUTHORISED ACTION.
(c) Even after I have asked for NOT TO REIMBURSE THE ANNUAL RENTAL in writing, your guys have processed the reimbursement without my authorisation / consent or request.
(d) The legal stuff on your website states that ''we promise to use all the reasonable skill and care of a competent Internet and Telecommunications Service Provider''. I wonder what reasonable skill or competency that PlusNet has demonstrated after collecting an annual rental of £130+ from me. Your lack of skill and incompetency is very evident in handling my order as you failed to transfer my line time and that has resulted in a financial loss of (£19+ x 7 months).
I hope someone sensible is attending to my complaint this time and with that belief I'm going to state what I expect as a resolution to the problem that I'm in because of you (PlusNet);
1. Reimburse the financial loss that I suffered because of your ''Lack of Skill'' and ''incompetency''.
2. Once you complete the above request, apply your ''reasonable skill'' and ''competency'' to immediate move my line from BT to PlusNet as what you have committed when you have collected £130 in the month of Aug 2013.
For your tracking .. my user name is kinoki. Because I was not getting propoer help, I kept raising issues on help assistant.. find below the details;

Date raised Question ID Status Options
24 Feb 2014 81801594 Awaiting support team answer ViewClose
23 Feb 2014 81741237 Answered by support team ViewClose
20 Feb 2014 81596917 Awaiting support team answer View
20 Feb 2014 81596830 Awaiting support team answer View
What a pathetic customer service so far..
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Pathetic customer service

Thanks a lot for your time on the phone.
I'm really sorry that the line transfer failed and that this wasn't picked up on.
I hope I've helped to clarify the situation and what we can and can't do to resolve this.
I've updated ticket 81596830 re what we discussed so please let me know on there or via this post and I'll deal with the rest from there.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KK
Grafter

Kinoki - you have my sympathy!  Your experience is not at all uncommon, and it is not in any way unique to Plusnet.  In my experience, nearly all call centres regularly generate c**k-ups similar to the one you describe.  When dealing with call centres, it is always a mistake to assume that the call centre operative will actually succeed in doing what he or she says he or she is about to do.  The real problem is that call centres continue to operate systems which allow their operatives to be able to repeatedly get away with unimaginable levels of incompetence.
For that reason, it is always necessary to keep a close check on every detail of the call centre's work.  For example, when you were led to believe that your service had been switched from BT to Plusnet last September, then it would have been worthwhile keeping an eye on your bank account, in order to make sure that BT were no longer taking your money.  Remember that BT's systems are just as capable as Plusnet's systems of generating a c**k-up of this nature.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: KK
Remember that BT's systems are just as capable as Plusnet's systems of generating a c**k-up of this nature.

Such a true statement - BT Wholesale's systems (through which ISPs such as Plus Net place broadband orders) and BT Openreach's systems (through which communication providers such as Plus Net place phone line orders) are notorious for failing to report order progress or failure back to the ordering organisation.  Also those systems not permitting two (or more) concurrent orders or faults on the same circuit, results in a requirement for extra monitoring and manual intervention on the part of the ordering ISP / CP - restrictions in the suppliers systems necessitate the requester to monitor the completion of one requirement and then to remember to order the next requirement.
It is hardly surprising that things go wrong in the migration / ordering journey.  BT's systems make life hard - for example though ordering phone and BB at the same time is highly problematic, BT has no difficulty chopping off BB service when the billing status of the phone service is modified.  The consequential loss of PN supplied BB service when BT Retail change the phone line billing details (say to surviving spouse) is legion.  PlusNet are just as much a victim of BT's decrepit IT systems as are we the end users.
I suspect that managing missing updates / progress from the BT owned systems is a significant driver for the development of PN's new provisioning system - something which will be defensive against the malfunction of BT's central systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Kinoki
Just letting you know I've updated ticket 81596830 as I've not been able to get in touch with you since we last spoke on Tuesday. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed with this and I'll pick the issue up again for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team