cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic Service.

Haybasha
Rising Star

Pathetic Service.

Starting on a high today is officially my last day with PlusNet.

Then quickly downhill, I decided to go into chat and after an hours wait to find out if my service was being terminated today and to find out what my final bill would be. It turns out my service will be terminated today but no one can tell me when or how much my final bill will be, brilliant.

And further down the hill we go until we are below the bottom, it also turns out my current email will also stop working today and no one has bothered to tell me. I explained this would leave me with a real mess on my hands sorting change of email address with banks etc. and PlusNet didn't give a toss! In my extensive experience of being online for some 25+ years every provider I've ever been with has let the email address's I've had run on for a few months to allow the customer to migrate their address to the new provider.

"Not how we do it here at PlusNet" was the response from your advisor!

Well PlusNet, maybe you should start speaking with customers and keeping them informed, thanks for making my transition to a new email address unnecessarily difficult and for failing to even inform me of this.

Thank God I left this shoddy excuse for a service.

PlusNet - We'll do you!

9 REPLIES 9
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Pathetic Service.

where did you move too ?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I don't blame Plusnet for closing down the email by default when a user's account is closed - they can make that choice.

What I do have issue with is (1) not informing you and (2) telling you about the options for keeping the email going (I think that is still a chargeable option).

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Haybasha
Rising Star

Gone over to VM. So far a constant 106Mb down and 6.4Mb up and a ping of 14ms.

While the up isn't great it is still some 2x faster than I was getting in the end with PlusNet.

Haybasha
Rising Star

@jelv My point exactly, they didn't even bother to inform me.

I shouldn't be surprised though after the terrible lack of service and none existent communication I've had since February this year, plus the fact they can't even be bothered to keep paying customers informed who are suffering from the implosion of the new network.

They really don't deserve anyone's custom at present and certainly shouldn't be stating "Doing you proud", "Doing you" is closer to the truth.

technologymill

Hi Haybasha,

I've picked up your details from a Google Search

I've just purchased a Zyxel SBG3300 from Buyer and can't get it to work with Plusnet Fibre.

Could you advise of any tweaks you had to make to config to get it to work?

Getting no help from Plusnet at all.

Thank you,

Michael Stewart.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Looking at the manual...

In the WAN settings you will need to set VLAN active and the VLAN ID to 101 , that is assuming you've already got it configured for PPPoE and with your PlusNet username/password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

frankc52
Grafter

May I just add I was with dear old VM and been a customer from the early cable days. I had 70Mb [-Censored-] TV but excellent phone, it never went down once. The 70mb was quite pathetic at time and so so slow. Since going over to Sky with the basic 20mb it is so fast and 100% better than VM

I would think it would also be the same had I chosen Plusnet. Its early days but hope your speed keeps the same and they don't throttle it back. Knuppel

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry to hear you weren't aware that emails would be cancelled upon cancellation of the account.

We do advise this in our cancellation policy:

When an account is closed, access to all account features provided by Plusnet will be removed. This includes email, hosted webspace and Member Centre access (including discussion forums and access to the Help Assistant Ticketing system).

It is possible, when requesting a cease of service, to request a downgrade to a mail only package for £20.28 a year instead of full account closure. This will allow continued access to email and some Member Centre features. This option must be requested at the time of cancellation.

However I do appreciate it could be made more clear and I will pass feedback on regarding this to try and improve this matter moving forward.

All the best with your new provider.

As a side note, I've noticed the wording there needs updating anyway, as it still advises access to the forums will be removed upon cancellation which is now incorrect.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That really does reflect on Plusnet very badly. I believe removing access to the portal forms on account closure stopped happening when they moved from the phpBB based forums accessed via the portal (Member Centre) to the SMF forums on community.plus.net in August 2007! Over 9 years to correct a simple error! (I bet other changes were made in the meantime)

Edit: Actually the policy document was probably written after then and so it's likely it was wrong when written!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)