Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN increase reply time to tickets - upto 48 hrs

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

PN increase reply time to tickets - upto 48 hrs

PN  have always aimed to close open questions within 24 hrs (can not rememberer when this was last achieved ) , as can be seen here: http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
Logging in to my account this morning, i see PN have now decided to increase this , and reply ( no time frame given to close a ticket ), to open tickets in 48 hrs ( see attachment )
So instead of sorting the ticket response times, PN decide to increase it (oh well makes the figures look better), very disappointing
If anything , one would expert the ticket response times to go done , if customers are using live chat rather than tickets .
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PN increase reply time to tickets - upto 48 hrs

I got an email regarding an outstanding ticket that confused me (easily done), so I called TS for an explanation. To cut a long story I was told it (the ticket) would be returned to the Faults team and I could expect a reply within 72 hours!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Eh? I'm puzzled Mike, it still says 24hrs on the link, but I can't find the bit you show in the attachment. How did you get to that exactly?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Good spot, I've flagged this internally as on one page it says 48 and another 24.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

So which one is right Chris? Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's one of the things I've flagged up.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

it'll be 36 Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anotherone
Champion

Well as Chris doesn't know, the observation has to be he hasn't been told of any change, so it's still 24hrs and someone has made a typo Wink
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Anotherone
Eh? I'm puzzled Mike, it still says 24hrs on the link, but I can't find the bit you show in the attachment. How did you get to that exactly?

Hi Anotherone,
I should have been a little more specific , if you login using the link to view/open tickets (https://portal.plus.net/wizard/index.html), you should then see the blue box.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PembsPanther
Grafter

Why not use the new chat system? Why is this chat system being looked upon as some kind of evil? I used it the other day and found it easy to use and adequate for the issue I had at the time, getting immediate help was great I really do not understand why some on this forum are making this into such an issue?
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I don't believe that there is any negativity about the Chat system - it works fine for many sorts of problem.  But!

• It is not good at handling the more complex faults e.g. those that need data files to be xferred as part of the diagnostics.

• There is no 'memory' between sessions and hence no audit trail

• It is only available for limited parts of the day

• If all of the allocated Chat agents are busy then you cannot record your problem

This is not an exhaustive list.
Many of the supporters of the 'bring back the Ticket system' have spent years on the support side of the fence and know the value a good Ticket system brings.
I'm only a novice with 6+ years in IT support.
Maurice

Anotherone
Champion

@Mike, thanks, I initially used my quick link to go to my currently Open question and didn't see it.  Using the Ask a Question link displays the box.
@PembsP
As Maurice says, chat is not being looked upon as some kind of evil, it's not necessarily ideal in all situations, it's absolutely brilliant for a lot of things. Please read this thread if you haven't already, the early part of it generally covers the times when tickets can be useful. There's also this Poll and thread. I've also seen a few individual threads where people are having trouble finding their tickets.
npr
Pro

I've always found it takes week not hours to close / resolve a ticket.
I've got one open at present, it takes a minimum of 3 working days to get a reply. In practice this often overlaps a weekend so more often than not I find it take 5 days. After first opening my ticket which included speed test and BT tap3 test details it took 5 day for a reply, the reply asked me to do the speed tests I'd supplied in the first place!  Undecided
I really do despair at the slow progress of these tickets.
addition
At the bottom of the ticket page it says:
"Our Support Team will respond to your question soon"
Personally I think that gives a unrealistic expectation, to me "soon" means hours not days.
npr
Pro

Sorry duplicate post.
Anotherone
Champion

The way those things are worded is confusing because there is a big difference between faults and a ticket of a more general nature. The Target closure time for Faults is 7 days.