cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Apologies

filler

PN Apologies

I have been with PN for 3-4 years, possibly more and I have never seen as many faults and apologies on the "Service Status" page as is currently ongoing. I do not know whether this is because they have been bought out by a huge corporate body and now don't give the same discerning service they used to, and it's now just a matter of statistics and cost-cutting, or whether it is just pure conincidence. However I am inclined to edge toward the former.
Shame really because PN was once excellent. Alas no more.
The biggest problem is that they aren't even fixing the faults for most people.
I sense major MAC code requests forthcoming at this rate.
3 REPLIES 3
Mand
Grafter

Re: PN Apologies

There are currently only 4 Service Status threads open (whilst 4 is not ideal there have been times in the past when we've had many more).
The fact that we are now part of BT Retail has no bearing on operational issues such as Service Status, and tbh I don't think there are that many ISP's that would choose to give the level of detail we do publicly when things go wrong.
We're working very very hard to fix the current problems, and hopefully there'll be a few more green lights on there soon.
markoos
Dabbler

Quote from: filler
I have been with PN for 3-4 years, possibly more and I have never seen as many faults and apologies on the "Service Status" page as is currently ongoing. I do not know whether this is because they have been bought out by a huge corporate body and now don't give the same discerning service they used to, and it's now just a matter of statistics and cost-cutting, or whether it is just pure conincidence. However I am inclined to edge toward the former.
Shame really because PN was once excellent. Alas no more.
The biggest problem is that they aren't even fixing the faults for most people.
I sense major MAC code requests forthcoming at this rate.

I get the feeling that either:
a) PN are a victim of their own success - don't have the infrastucture to deliver on their promises
or
b) BT only bought them out to strangle them
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: markoos
a) PN are a victim of their own success - don't have the infrastucture to deliver on their promises

They just installed a very large increase in network capacity
More capacity for 2010!
http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/02/09/more-capacity-for-2010/