Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN Advert.

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

PN Advert.

Super fast fibre...£22.99 month plus £50 reward card.

From month 18...£36.52.

New Customers only.

Compare that to what existing customers pay when they come to renew, sure you might phone and get a better deal but that will be a lot more than that offered to new customers, with a £50 card reducing the overall cost to under £20 a month.

I understand the need to attract new customers but PN would do well to keep a eye on the number of customers, some long term who move to another provider once their contract ends.

By all means offer a good deal to new customers but a gap this big.......?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
24 REPLIES 24
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: PN Advert.

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to Plusnet Feedback.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

It`s the "dangling carrot" type of promotion that all companies hope and pray, that their "new customers", so gained, by the con, will forget that they signed up for 18 months... and then they will pay the price...

Hundreds of people do this every time these new "offers" are brought in to the public domain. and the companies make thousands from those people who "forgot" about the 18 month contract renewal date.

Why 18 months?   obvious really... you remember your birthday... it`s every 12 months... you remember easter, christmas, and other "annual" recurrent dates, much easier than the "odd" one for 18 months...

crafty ?   yeah... really sneaky too .. !

As for retaining & rewarding "Loyal" long term customers, automatically,...... well,.... it`s not profitable... if the new customers can be conned, why shouldn`t the "old faithful" be conned as well...  

I was with Plusnet for 12 years.... having to regularly check up on my con tract renewal date the go down on bended knee before the god "telephone me" and plead poverty to get a reduced rate for the next con tract period .  what reward did I get for this "loyalty"? 

Severely reduced customer service... and a bar of chocolate, that they sent, but only because I asked for it, having seen someone else on the forum that had one sent to them "out of the blue"...

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@shutter 

At least you got a bar of chocolate.

Like me it also forced you to find a better deal and service by going elsewhere.

Such is the way loyalty is rewarded these days.

😐

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

You can forget the golden hello gift card, which should be amortised over the contract length so works out at less than suggested.
Apart from that all I can do is speak from experience. I am currently on a 2 year contract negotiated by ringing the I’m thinking of leaving option and asking for a price match to a competitor. This compares very favourably with this offer.

Caveat Emptor.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Old customers getting stuffed like Christmas turkeys.

That'll do.

Talking of renewals, this year my home and car insurance is only going up by pennies and a couple of quid which is a big change. Good news is this means other companies have to try harder so I can still save £20+ by jumping ship.

That'll do.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Don't think it's quite as bad that, @billnotben - I'm on quite a good deal at the moment, but do wonder what they would have done for me come August if I was still here. I know at least one customer who is getting his BB for free and referral discounts on top, but I suspect he is in the minority.

John
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

One thing I am curious about these new customer deals. In all the ads now it mentions the up and coming rises in line with blah blah to be repeated yearly blah blah.

Because it's mentioned does that mean customers can't jump ship without penalty when the rise happens. When they find out that what they pay isn't set in stone.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well I've never understood the point of 'reward cards'.

That's the 2021 PC Term for a Gift Voucher?

So I can either have a bullseye where I am restricted on where I can spend it (subject to retail outlets not going under), or £50 in cash which I can spend anywhere in the UK. Or of course get it exchanged if I am abroad.

I'd rather have cash, or the money off please so I have more cash on me. 🙄

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@billnotben  It`s probably written in stone.... i.e. in the T&C`s that nobody ever reads, except the person/people who wrote them in the first place.

There should be a T&C commissioner somewhere in government. to make sure that T&C`s are simple and fair, in all aspects of trading.  Unfortunately, there is no such commissioner...

and that is why, when someone finds a "loophole", the originators lawyers soon draft up a new clause to close it off, eventually.... the customer ends up with no options, and no rights, because the customer HAS to agree the T&C`s by default or they will not get the service/goods that they want to purchase.

it`s a bit like...

Hello, sir,... i believe you have been drinking and driving... I`m asking you if you will take a breath test......

(er... why ? I`ve not been drinking)

I must caution you  ( here`s the unwritten  T&C`s) that if you refuse to take the breath test you will be arrested anyway.

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

I renewed both of my accounts at the end of last month and for me I couldn't be bothered with the haggling and faffing and used the 'Here is your best price' link provided in the 'Your Plusnet Service' review email.

In fact the price offered was pounds better than what I was currently paying so I thought 'Why Bother'

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

I was offered a renewal price of £31.99 for 18 months which I though was reasonable compared to others and lower than the current payment. I was slow to renew as it the due date was weeks ahead.

I then received another email a few weeks later with an offer of £24.99 for 12 months which I accepted.

Dan

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

That's exactly what I was offered on both my accounts, but oddly one was for 18 Months and the other at 12!

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@billnotben wrote:

Old customers getting stuffed like Christmas turkeys.

That'll do.

Talking of renewals, this year my home and car insurance is only going up by pennies and a couple of quid which is a big change. Good news is this means other companies have to try harder so I can still save £20+ by jumping ship.

That'll do.

Got my Car insurance quote from LV last week they have reduced the premium by £ 38 compared to last years price.

Must admit like others I have hardly used the car over the last year but makes a nice change to get a reduction.

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@Mav 

Should this topic be transferred back to chat ?

😀