Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the frying pan?

Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Out of the frying pan?

Hello
After several bad experiences with Orange customer support, mainly being told everything was always my fault! (from various forums would seem this is the norm)  Even with retentions trying to keep me, I did some research and came to Plusnet.
With some line problems shortly after joining, had excellent telephone and online support.
I was getting interested in the technical side of broadband and following the forum threads. I was even trying to provide some help.  Undecided
Line problem got worse, eventualy died on 2 seperate occasions, Friday Openreach assured me now fixed. Called Plusnet support, another helpful and interested person with good advice.
But the call I had yesterday left me with de ja vu, Orange all over again!  Sad
Even questioning this forums advice and the answers. (see my "Customer service? or not!" post under Broadband and Routers)
I am now left feeling disiillusioned, maybe it has been me all along!  Embarrassed
I now feel In the future I will not have the confidence to phone customer support with any questions or problems. I might even get that person again Shocked
Who can I believe?  My router questions will just have to go unanswered.
That one person has ruined, possibly long term, my view of Plusnet!
Derek
16 REPLIES 16
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Out of the frying pan?

Hi Stumpy21,
I'm sorry you feel that the support you received via our technical team was not up to scratch.  I have fed back to the agent involved.
You may wish to see my response to your thread "Customer service? or not!" for further details.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi Stumpy21.
I would like to add that this forum Is very good for advice on a whole range of broadband and phone related queries, The staff  are very helpful and work with you on getting things resolved, When the staff aint around there Is plenty knowledgeable people here to help out, I think the person who said not to rely on the views on this forum can be taken with a pinch of salt and probably means not to take Tom, Dick and Harrys word for things over their own(Plusnet's)
Edit, If you have any queries you are unsure about just ask and someone here will point you In the right direction or give you good advice.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: Steve
...I think the person who said not to rely on the views on this forum can be taken with a pinch of salt...

Very true. Any occasional dodgy advice is soon corrected (usually amicably  ;)) and a consensus emerges.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I also want to add that when people come on this forum Its usually the other way around, Its the phone support that should be taken with a pinch of salt ( Not all the time I admit ) And a good rule of thumb Is that If you need help on the forum keep It on the forum, Having different members of staff look Into the same problem only confuses things more. This thread Is proven testament that phone support can be a horrendous ordeal hence the forum and by this thread the forums served Its purpose already and you don't even know It. Smiley
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you all for your comments.
Quote from: Steve
I think the person who said not to rely on the views on this forum can be taken with a pinch of salt and probably means not to take Tom, Dick and Harrys word for things over their own(Plusnet's)

They also implied that the Plusnet staff comments on here were not right, or to be trusted, either!  Shocked
I find this forum very interesting and have been following a lot of threads trying to improve my limited knowledge.  Smiley
I think most things can be found out on here.
Derek
fedup1

yep seems like your right! Doesn't even seem to be anyone on this forum to answer / resolve problems -SUCH a shame when things go wrong and no one will listen, just the same rubbish from all phone companies set up for people who obviously can't tell one end of the phone from another.
matt_2k34
Grafter

@fedup1,
You wont get an answer from them at 10pm.
Secondly, ive passed a message to the mods to put your complaint into its own thread (this way, it can be dealt with by a member of PN staff)
Thirdly, please dont spam across the topics with the same sort of message, its not helpful particularly when it comes to someone trying to help you (this is why the #2 reason is important, stops fragmented infomation)
Someone should be along first thing in the morning to find out whats going on with your phoneline, and to see what the problem is.
Regards
fedup1

well it seems to be first thing in the morning to me....and several days since I attempted to get someone to contact me, it also seems several people are having problems ......look forward to hearing from someone very soon?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It's also a Bank Holiday  Grin
fedup1

It might be a holiday where you are but not in Scotland!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes in Scotland, I live In Scotland to, Its a long bank holiday weekend.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

It's a Bank Holiday in Scotland, because the Scottish banks some while ago agreed to align with the English banks.
It's not a Public Holiday. Ours is the first Monday in August.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Doesn't even seem to be anyone on this forum to answer / resolve problems

Sorry you think that, I'd personally disagree with you as we've helped resolve many many issues on the forum. Unfortunately you've posted over a bank holiday weekend where we don't have anyone actively monitoring the forums, you should find the support centre open as normal though to help.  I'll get one of the team to come and take a look at this thread in the morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Stumpy21,
I've just checked over your account and can see a number of long connections ranging from about 30 hours to 3+ days over the past week or so, so I can't really say that stability is the issue here so I'm guessing that you are experiencing slow speeds.
I'm more than happy to help you resolve this issue but just need some extra information from you first. Could you visit this page please and fill in the form as appropriate?
https://portal.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team