cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Mess Up

louialive
Grafter

Order Mess Up

I recently moved my line rental to Plus Net and chose to change from ADSL to FTTC. All straight forward. I was given a date for my line transfer and a date for BT Openreach to attend to carry out the conversion. Conversion 30th June line rental transfer 3rd July.
So I took day off work on 30th June as the appointment was AM. Waited until 10:30am and decided to ring Plus Net to see if they had an ETA for engineer. I was at this point told that my appointment had been cancelled because the Plus Net system will not allow two orders active at the same time. So I would have to wait until the line rental transfer from current supplier had been completed and then appointment could be made.
I rang Plus Net today as I had email confirmation the rental transfer had gone through but instead of being told what dates are available for BT Openreach to attend (as I was given dates when I first placed the order) I was asked for dates suitable for me and they would check and let me know. This was 9:30 this morning and still not heard anything back.
So not sure when I am going to get my FTTC
51 REPLIES 51
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Order Mess Up

Hi louialive,
Welcome to the forums and welcome to Plusnet.
Please accept our apologies for the mix up in the crossover of the services to us. It seems that the orders weren't placed in the correct way as we can usually syncronise the installation of both services for the same date however there seems to have a been a failing in this instance. I will now pick this up as a personal matter and look to book the appointment dates you provided on the support ticket. If there are any problems I'll get in touch with you.
What would your preferred method of contact be? We have both a landline and a mobile number for you or alternatively we can update this thread or your support ticket just as easily.
louialive
Grafter

Adam
Thank you for your prompt reply (just a shame I have had to go through a forum to get service)
Mobile will be fine
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again louialive,
I have no doubts that your ticket would have been picked up as it has been placed in the correct place however I have gone and run through the ordering process for you which has sped things up.
After attempting to place the order we seem to have hit a snag, our supplier is now showing that your local cabinet is at capacity which means we will have to await an upgrade (which they say should be by the 23/07/14) before we're able to place an order. Given the capacity issues,  it looks like the fibre order would have failed regardless of the way they were placed so please accept our apologies for not advising on this sooner.
I have now placed your support ticket on hold with our provisioning team and they will check to see if they can place the order for you closer to the advised time.

Thanks in advance,
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

We've recently had the same problem with 2 separate cabs in my Dorset village. BTOR really are totally incompetent; why on earth don't they increase the capacity before  it gets full?  Roll_eyes
louialive
Grafter

Quote from: Adam
Hi again louialive,
I have no doubts that your ticket would have been picked up as it has been placed in the correct place however I have gone and run through the ordering process for you which has sped things up.
After attempting to place the order we seem to have hit a snag, our supplier is now showing that your local cabinet is at capacity which means we will have to await an upgrade (which they say should be by the 23/07/14) before we're able to place an order. Given the capacity issues,  it looks like the fibre order would have failed regardless of the way they were placed so please accept our apologies for not advising on this sooner.
I have now placed your support ticket on hold with our provisioning team and they will check to see if they can place the order for you closer to the advised time.

Thanks in advance,

This just gets worse as I need the extra speed due to work requirements.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We appreciate that, however, we'll need to await for the capacity to be added before we can re-place the order.
We'll keep an eye on it for you and review it again on 23/07/2014.
louialive
Grafter

So when I placed the order on the 20th June and given install date of the 30th June there was capacity and 3 days later when new appointment  was due to be booked suddenly there wasn't capacity or was my order taken knowing the order couldn't be fulfilled.
I am very cynical because I deal with BT on behalf of customers in my work and could tell you a lot of horror stories.
No wonder the agent I spoke to this morning at plus net didn't offer me an appointment straight away and sounded nervous.
adie:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I understand how you feel and why you feel that way, but that's absolutely the truth. If we could place the order now, we definitely would. I've added a couple of screenshots with this information on from a couple of different systems.
There is no sensitive information on these screenshots.
louialive
Grafter

So from your screenshots the person I spoke to this morning would have seen this information yet did not tell me at the time. Instead asked me for dates that were convenient for me and she/plus net would contact me with date available for next week.
My guess is had I not come across this forum and raised my query I would still be waiting for communication back from plus net.
adie:quote
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi louialive,
It's unlikely that this information would have been available at the time you spoke with our agent on the call as a modify order had been started on our side when we picked this up on the forum but by the time we came to submit it we then had the error which led to the additional checks that returned the capacity issue. Had the capacity issue been present when you called, we would not have even been able to begin the modify process as this would not have shown fibre availability in your area as soon as we opened it.
We're sorry that we've hit this bump in the process and and that we have to be the bearer of bad news but there is little we can do regarding availability as this is the suppliers system and they choose to remove the ability to order at their discretion based on capacity.
Moving forward we will endeavour to monitor the availability and then place the order and arrange the engineer visit as soon as possible.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi louialive,
Welcome to the forums, sadly BTOR stories from hell are not uncommon around here...
Quote from: louialive
So when I placed the order on the 20th June and given install date of the 30th June there was capacity and 3 days later when new appointment  was due to be booked suddenly there wasn't capacity or was my order taken knowing the order couldn't be fulfilled.
I am very cynical because I deal with BT on behalf of customers in my work and could tell you a lot of horror stories.

You might consider yourself lucky you did not wait in another day awaiting an attempted install of FTTC - from the community support library - http://community.plus.net/library/provisioning/theres-a-delay-with-my-order-what-may-have-caused-thi...
Capacity
This delay arises when we’re unable to provide you with a service until there is more capacity (space) created in your local Exchange and/or cabinet. There are times when we won’t be informed that this is an issue until the engineer attends on the day to connect your services and then realises that there isn’t any space and reports this back to Openreach. When this happens we will then liaise with Openreach to find a resolution for this and keep you informed as often as possible.

Back to your need for speed - what have you got at the moment?  Is your ADSL with PlusNET?  Just wondering if there is an issue with your phone line which if fixed might help with the speed now and indeed optimise your FTTC service.  If it is with PlusNET, following the speed issues thread at the top of the broadband thread would allow a view to be taken.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

louialive
Grafter

I am  very familiar with BT Openreach ways of working as I run an IT and Telecoms company. If I ran my company the way they do I would have been out of business a long time ago. But that's a story for another day.  
According to my draytek router I am getting 2.1mbps download and 44.8kbps up load SNR 6 Loop Attenuation 60
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
I have posted my Ookla speed test on the appropriate forum and it is showing pin 62ms 1.35mbps download upload 0.26mbps  Embarrassed
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Those figures (I'm assuming that they are synch speed) are 20% below expectations.  If this is down to the d-side line condition, you are not going to see the best out of your fibre upgrade.
Is that in the master socket?
Do you have extensions?
Is it any better in the test socket behind the NTE5 face plate?
Does the router report error counts?
Is the phone line quiet - dial 17070 option 2?
Are you on a 21CN service?  If yes then the US is capped.
What are the results of the BT Wholesale speed test / IP profile?  If this is a PN provided service, what is the "current speed" reported in the user portal.
Looks like you are on a long line - I hope that you are close to the cabinet!  Roll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

louialive
Grafter

Line is quiet, ADSL is with Plus Net
BT Wholesale speed test show 1.18 down 0.35 up and ping 40.50
2 TX Errors and 174RX errors, the router has been up 1 day and 15 minutes when this was checked
Makes no difference whether on via filter on master faceplate or filter direct to socket at the back of the master socket with extension wiring disconnected

The street cabinet is not far from my house
jim:quote