cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach failing to turn up then lying

cookierocks
Dabbler

Openreach failing to turn up then lying

Waited in all day, watched the windows like a hawk for the Openreach engineer for a morning slot.
No sign of him. Allegedly here at 11.45 according to Plusnet, but the lying bastard (the OR engineer) was never near the property.
Another 3 weeks to wait because of their incompetence. Can nothing be done about them? I fail to believe that these reports (which are so common it's untrue, even on the business side of things)
Going to lose another days work to the useless shower of shit that is OR!
16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Openreach failing to turn up then lying

Really sorry to hear about this cookierocks.
I'm going to get on the case with this now and will get back to you ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cookierocks
Dabbler

Thanks Adam, I've opened a ticket for it too.
picbits
Rising Star

I'd like to say thanks to cookierocks for blaming the right company ! Too often members come on and blow off steam at Plusnet despite the issue being the incompetence of the BT OR engineers.
I sometimes wonder if BT themselves have the same issues as PN with no shows.
cookierocks
Dabbler

I'm a networks and telecoms engineer, I have to deal with OR in a professional capacity so I know exactly how they can be!
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just tried calling on the contact number we have on your order (taken from your account) and there was no answer, that looks to be the same number the engineer claims to have tried too.
I'm just going to drop a reply to your ticket with some more information for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cookierocks
Dabbler

Sorry Adam, hit the wrong button on the phone. If you need to call again please do so!
dick:quote
lozbain

Quote from: picbits
I'd like to say thanks to cookierocks for blaming the right company ! Too often members come on and blow off steam at Plusnet despite the issue being the incompetence of the BT OR engineers.
I sometimes wonder if BT themselves have the same issues as PN with no shows.

Blaming a third party when they should be taking ownership of the problem is not the correct way to handle things. Our money goes to Plusnet at the end of the day so the buck stops with how they handle these matters.
I'm now going to have to spend a third day at home due to Openreach but I suspect Plusnet messed up when they  failed to book a fibre engineer and only sent a phone installation for my second day install. Not having a complaints department to speak to on the phone and not giving their provisioning team the ability to make outbound calls to put more pressure on Openreach is their failing.
picbits
Rising Star

Indeed but a lot of the time Plusnet are only made aware of the BT Openreach failures when the customer informs them - they then end up rebooking and chasing BT for explainations.
Yes the buck stops with Plusnet but an awful lot of issues seem to be cause by OR which unfortunately PN have no control over.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

This must be a seriously frustrating situation for Plusnet and all the other ISPs affected, especially considering lost customers and the associated revenue.
The likes of virgin who offer alternative cable products must be loving it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@lozbain I'm chasing yours up now, I'm still gathering the facts and I'll be perfectly honest with you whether its our issue or not and will do my best to get this sorted ASAP.
@cookierocks
I can do a little later this afternoon, just want to make sure you've seen my latest update to ticket
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lozbain

Quote from: picbits
Indeed but a lot of the time Plusnet are only made aware of the BT Openreach failures when the customer informs them - they then end up rebooking and chasing BT for explainations.
Yes the buck stops with Plusnet but an awful lot of issues seem to be cause by OR which unfortunately PN have no control over.

True and I appreciate the efforts being made by the CS team now but if you're CEO of Plusnet and this (after googling seems a pretty common thread) keeps happening, you'd start thinking about getting your own contractors on the streets and doing these installs. I know Virgin Media use a lot of third party installers*. I doubt Openreach allow that but it's something worth thinking about.
*Just left Virgin, they're awful.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

you'd start thinking about getting your own contractors on the streets and doing these installs

They can't, Openreach are the ONLY people allowed to work on the 'last mile' of copper wiring.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cookierocks
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@lozbain I'm chasing yours up now, I'm still gathering the facts and I'll be perfectly honest with you whether its our issue or not and will do my best to get this sorted ASAP.
@cookierocks
I can do a little later this afternoon, just want to make sure you've seen my latest update to ticket

Hi Adam, seen it and provided the information you asked for. Thanks for the help so far.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem and cheers for your time on the phone just now, I'll be in touch again when we have a new appointment for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team