cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach engineer didn't show

rjagle

Openreach engineer didn't show

Booked an openreach engineer to relocate my master phone socket through Plusnet and paid the £160. I took the day off work and was home all through the 1pm-6pm slot but haven't heard a thing, very frustrating.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Openreach engineer didn't show

Competent sparkie could do for far less; look in local papers for ex BT Engineers offering their services too.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for reaching out @rjagle and I'm really sorry to see that Openreach had not assigned an engineer to carry out the master socket relocation today. I've checked up on the order and it appears they had issues in making the order "fluid" on their end, which means no engineer was assigned. Looks like our provisioning team have picked this up today and there's a note on Openreach's side now stating that the order is now fluid, and that an engineer will be appointed within the next 48 working hours.

For direct communication with our Provisioning Team, you can view and comment on the open Ticket here.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
rjagle

I've been given a new appointment for today between 0800 and 1300, so far I haven't received a text or call from Openreach so I'm not feeling optmistic. If they don't show today I'll cancel, get a refund and find someone local to do it!

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@rjagle 

Paying Plusnet top dollar for a simple job like relocating a phone socket would really rattle me and as has been suggested, it not able to do it yourself then get in a local guy. 

As for being charged £160 well that to my mind is simply outrageous.

If the engineer fails to turn up you should be entitled to compensation.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Unhelpful and off topic replies removed. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'