cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenReach need I say more?

Devonian
Grafter

OpenReach need I say more?

So far 3 visits.. and the 'engineers' did [Censored] all, except  test the line... which doesn't need an 'Engineer' to do.
They didn't check the outside cabling/cab/exchange even though they promised they did.
The first guy found a fault, retested, the fault vanished, so he said it must have been an incorrect reading.....  umm I have a fault which comes and goes when it feels like it!
Visit number 3 consisted of a trainee and trainer.. when the trainer went to his van I questioned the trainee about the notes he had on my fault, he confirmed the previous 'Engineers' didn't do anything else but test my line from the test socket, then mess up the interleaving/snr settings.
Today, Engineer number 4 was booked to arrive between 8 and 1.  It's nearly 3pm, and he's a no show.

Useless, utter bloody useless.

PlusNet though, especially Chris Pettitt, has been fantastic, thank you so much.
11 REPLIES 11
Devonian
Grafter

Re: OpenReach need I say more?

A call to PN confirms my suspicions.. the boost engineer failed to show with no reason.
If it is the same guy as last time, then I am not surprised.
So, this is visit number 4, the previous 3 failed to fix the problem after not actually looking into it, and number 4 was a no show.
If I am not in, I am charged £50.
4 times I have had to take time from work, and OpenReach have failed to do what needs to be done.
That's £200 please.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Gutted to hear about that Devonian, especially frustrating at this time of day when I can't personally act on it straight away! I'm glad to see one of or more experienced faults agents is on the case however and I'm sure he won't go lightly on our suppliers.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Cheers Adam.
It's not PlusNets fault, it's just a shame you have to deal with OpenReach.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll give our faults guys a nudge for you and see what the latest ism I'll make sure we let you know ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Another Boost engineer is booked for this afternoon...  fingers crossed!!

Thanks Adam.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And ..........?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

maybe he keeled over in a state of shock when someone turned up Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

This? http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111551.msg996607.html#msg996607
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Thanks, even the mods can't keep up with 2 threads  Grin
Devonian
Grafter

Nor me LOL
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

To make things easier for all I've locked this thread in favour of the one linked to by w23 above.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine