its showing for me Tongue
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Online Chat

bounty
Dabbler

I was using online chat and got cut off after being past around from one person to another.
also plusnet email not working, no messages comming into the inbox.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@plprogers
If your browser has any ad blocking software then the Chat window will never work. You will need to disable ad blocking on the plus.net pages while you use Chat.
If would have been nicer if the Plusnet development staff had actually programmed the web page better and shown a message telling you why the Chat window was not working. It is really easy as loads of sites put up "Why are you blocking ads" messages. It just takes a little bit of code to do it correctly and not annoy paying customers.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks for the heads up  Smiley
Finguz
Grafter

Quote from: georgelnx
@plprogers
If your browser has any ad blocking software then the Chat window will never work. You will need to disable ad blocking on the plus.net pages while you use Chat..

I've been using Adblock for years now, and the chat works just fine for me?
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Same here.  I think the previous poster means Pop-Up blockers rather than ad blockers.
Finguz
Grafter

Quote from: aesmith
Same here.  I think the previous poster means Pop-Up blockers rather than ad blockers.

Call me old fashioned, but he said "ad blocking" twice and also mentioned "blocking ads", but didn't say anything about "pop-up blocking" at all.

Perhaps he should say what he means?  Crazy
Edit: Anyway, never mind.
BrightonRock1
Grafter

I don't think that ad blockers are the problem, nor pop up blockers. On my system (Win 7, Firefox) I don't get offered chat if Ghostery is active.
For those that don't know the add-on, Ghostery stops trackers which (in practice) can stop some re-directs. One runs it as a privacy measure.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Agreed about Ghostery.
I have to whitelist Plusnet to enable Chat to work.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Basically you need to white list googletagmanager.com from blockers to get Plusnets live chat to load up as this is what injects the chat button by the looks of things (also OT but if you could whitelist adobedtm.com and omtrdc.net then as a marketer I'd greatly appreciate it! Wink )
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The ad blocking software I use "uBlock Origin" does block the chat window, I've just tried it now.
On https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/ I get a message that says
"Chat to us online
Online chat is currently unavailable, please choose another option."
and the start chat button is greyed out and has no associated action when clicked.

If I turn it off for the plusnet domain and go through this page again, selecting the same items re: product, type of query etc. then the button is not greyed out and I can start a chat session.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT