cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One week as a PlusNet customer - one week no Internet - un-chuffin-believable!

WotNoInternet

One week as a PlusNet customer - one week no Internet - un-chuffin-believable!

We switched to Plusnet a week ago. And we have been without Internet for... eh... one week. Having spent a fortune on calls to various people, I have now bought a mobile dongle, while I wait and wait and wait for someone to fix it. We’ve not heard a peep from tech support in four days and still can’t get anyone to say when or if it will be fixed. We've not had the mobile bills yet, but let’s assume that Britain’s ‘cheapest’ broadband has cost us £50-£100 in a week, with no service whatsoever. (That’s excluding the indirect costs of not having any Internet).
The thing that baffles me is that my previous ISP and this one are both resellers of BT – so it’s only a matter of switching a switch and changing the billing isn’t it? How rubbish must you be to mess that up… for a week?
Here's a message for Jamie "get great customer service and fast speeds" Ford, Plusnet’s CEO:
If you changed electricity, water or gas provider, how long would you think was acceptable for the service to be down, 7 seconds, 7 minutes, 7 hours or 7 days? If it was more than 7 seconds, I think you’d be demanding compensation. So Jamie, why should we accept any less from an Internet service provider?
Why didn’t you get your broadband service and customer service sorted out before going on the publicity drive? Didn’t you learn anything from the embarrassment that Bulldog caused Cable and Wireless from doing the same thing (– hang on, where is Bulldog now?) and the embarrassment TalkTalk caused Carphone Warehouse (leading to a public apology from the chairman).
As they say in Yorkshire: “you don’t get ought for nought”…
Good? Nay lad. Honest? Nay lad. Cheap? Nay lad. Broadband? Nay lad. Un-chuffin-beatable? Un-chuffin-believable, more like!
Thanks for nought,
Andy
6 REPLIES 6
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: One week as a PlusNet customer - one week no Internet - un-chuffin-believable!

Welcome to the forum,
Do you know about the major outage the country has been enduring since friday evening? No excuse but I reckon you have came at a bad time.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
WotNoInternet

Re: One week as a PlusNet customer - one week no Internet - un-chuffin-believable!

Thanks Steve,
Yep, I knew about the outage. But I've been switched off since last Monday. And I'm in the south of the country, which i believe wasn't effected by the outage. Though I'm surprised that no one at PlusNet has tried to use it as an excuse, they've come up with a few other corkers.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I gather your exchange Is working OK? A member of staff will be able to help you probably tomorrow once they get to this thread and be able to help you better, The staff here are pretty good.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI WotNoInternet,
I'm sorry to hear that your initial time with us has been a rocky one. Your fault was raised to our suppliers yesterday and we have to wait 48-72 hours for a response. Looking at your connection logs it seems that you have been and still are connected today. Can you confirm this?
Jojo Smiley
WotNoInternet

It's alive! Yesterday evening shortly after the PlusNet tech team handed the fault over to BT last night the Internet came on. And it’s stayed on. I'm overjoyed to have my connection back.
While I’m not impressed that it took a week for the Plusnet tech team to look at it and forward the fault to BT, I’m now getting an excellent service – both of the Internet and the customer variety.
…And I was inches away from joining Virgin. And I’d already started writing the complaint letters to the powers that be.
Fingers crossed I won’t regret my choice to stay with PlusNet.
The timing could be a coincidence of course, but I highly recommend posting your comments in this forum. It’s impressive that the company participates in the forum and takes action.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi WotNoInternet,
Thanks very much for your time on the phone, I'm glad things are starting to come together. As discussed I'll call you in the morning to make sure the connection is still working well, we'll take things on from there.
Cheers,
Matt