Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh its the same old story..

DominicM
Grafter

Oh its the same old story..

I started a thread when I first joined about my speed issues
Adam was great in sorting it and i was happy at 05/01/2010, that lasted a couple of weeks before the service started to degrade, I raised yet another faultt at the end of January, and since then my line has got slower and slower and slower with more and more drops..
Today 6 weeks on the issue is STILL unresolved, and my line sits at Profile speed 750k, a fraction of the 5meg when it was stable at start of January.
When the DLM was removed on Tuesday by test engineer, my router synced at 7MB, and a speed test of over 5mb, so why is a a contsant stable 3mb as promised on sign up  too hard for plusnet to acheive..
I have had 3 replacement modems since joining 3 months ago, and had part of my phone line replaced by BT, and all I got when i rang today was "Please be patient with us", I am and have been, but Plusnet is taking the P our of me..
Enough is enough..  I want it fixed please, is that too much to ask?
I was stable before I joined plusnet so why is plusnet so unstable, is BTW network that unstable or is the DLM, or is it just personal.. 
10 REPLIES 10
DominicM
Grafter

Re: Oh its the same old story..

Deleted by user
whats point..
abbiati50
Grafter

It is very very bad - especially after 4 pm
service become most intermittent - with frequents interruptions - than come back - some site can show - other not - - than nothing for 2 - 3 minutes again - come back it is slow - and the vicious circle goes on and on !! for hours !
not happy !!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you seem to have a go about once a month, can we have more detail like a http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ test and http://speedtester.bt.com/
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@DominicM
I will ask the old question - can you post the stats from your router and have you tried the test socket
pierre_pierre
Grafter

that was another person Jim
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

bugger  Embarrassed - post edited
DominicM
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
you seem to have a go about once a month, can we have more detail like a http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/ test and http://speedtester.bt.com/

I'm sorry if asking for a stable connection,OR asking for the promised 3mb speed on a line which without DLM tests at >5mb is deemed "having a go"  - I would have expected that as the barest minimum level of service from any market leading ISP, maybe it is unrealistic to have plusnet deliver a stable service where other ISP's manage...
the details you seek were attatched to first post, detail are there for all to see...
but will attatch new one:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information
Download speedachieved during the test was - 628 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 400-1000 Kbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :6168 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 440 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 750 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 11.89:29.56:58.69 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes. 
Quote from: Oldjim
@DominicM
I will ask the old question - can you post the stats from your router and have you tried the test socket

Certainly Jim,
Brand new mastersocket installed on Tuesday - yes

Uptime: 1 day, 11:59:59
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 7,044
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 440 / 6,168
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 61.60 / 379.05
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 20.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 25.5 / 44.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 23.5 / 5.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 39 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 196,610 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1,507,309 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 144,128 / 1,310,250
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 2,562 / 570
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 6 / 5,333
Well we are getting close to the record its the longest I have remained UP for at least a fortnight.. maybe BTW "removing the Cap" whatever that means on friday has done something positive to the line
Only another 36hrs until maybe, just maybe, I get my 750k profile speed increased if line remains stable.. that does nark me I asked on friday if profile could be reset to 3000/4000,  and we could test line stability under load, as I have a 4gb download to do, but was told no they wouldn't/couldn't and I had to wait for the DLM to reprofile me, so it will have to wait and see IF my line ever stabalises for more than 72 hrs, if I understand DLM right, even if my line stabalises the DLM would not get my profile to max speed for about a month,, have I really misunderstood that..?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dominic, my post was immediately after the post by abbiati50
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DominicM,
This is in the process of being passed back to the escalations team at BT, as soon as we get any more information we'll let you know.
DominicM
Grafter

Matt, thx,
I am frustrated but no one seems to be taking ownership of this issue and keeping pressuring BTW to get it fixed, 6 weeks and more delays..
Why isnt someone keeping the pressure on BTW daily to get this resolved???  It seems like you pass them info and then 4 days later maybe I get an update saying "Be Patient" or give it a few days..  (as for escalating yeah forgive me laughing - seems like BTW doent give a brass monkey either),, and does no supervisor/manager read the issues over 4 weeks old, seems like they need kick in pants too, if it takes a phone call from your director to BTW director to get it fixed - franlky I dont care as long as it gets fixed.. and PDQ
Finally  yet again I have had a promised callback from PN never materialise today, I am beginning too think no-one actually gives a brass monkey about getting the issue resolved, and that by ignoring me I will leave.  If that is a company mindset. you are not so lucky,  enough is enough.. fix it!!