cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not what it used to be

Dodgydog
Grafter

Not what it used to be

Well 7+ years been faithfull in a marriage with plusnet , through all the ups and downs (The great Max fiasco , The e-mail saga ) . I agree to marriage guidance councilling to see if there is anything worth saving in this relationship (about a month to see if the old spark is still there) . Papers are already for divorce , just need signing . Reasons cited are : You never listen anymore and everything has to be your way , You are to busy partying with your bosses (BT) and seem to have lost interest in home life , Even the children (referals) are unhappy . As with all marriage problems i have been talking to friends (forums,other suppliers , blogs ) and will be considering their advice carefully . I hope you can come up with something suprising (and not in a bad way like the latest product refresh ) to see if the magic has survived , regards
10 REPLIES 10
community
Grafter

Re: Not what it used to be

Better the devil you know.........?????????????
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

PN possibly rely to a large extent on people such as me who generally won't move unless pushed Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Dodgydog
Grafter

Plusnet then were so confident that they were best that you had 1 month contracts , you stayed because they were the best . Now they have been pimped by BT .It looks good but after the first date you have a nasty rash for 18 months  Grin
Not applicable

PN possibly rely to a large extent on people such as me who generally won't move unless pushed

Me too Strat, although I don't have any reason to move at the moment.
Being in a market 3 area, I rang CS to discuss and have opted to change from Option 1 to the new product - I had a 12 month tie in anyway because of the router offer. Reading all the negative feedback, I hope that I have done the right thing.
I'd think twice if I was a potential customer and didn't know the company though.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Yes that's one of the worrying things about the 18 month contracts. Are they now worried they are not able to keep up the present standards so need to lock people into long contracts?
Quote from: Dodgydog
Plusnet then were so confident that they were best that you had 1 month contracts , you stayed because they were the best . Now they have been pimped by BT .It looks good but after the first date you have a nasty rash for 18 months  Grin
Oleo
Grafter

I was able to sign up with a one month contract AND a 90 day money back guarantee. That shows to me a high degree of confidence that they have (had) in the product. I too, am curious what has made the company go for these long minimum terms. Its a disappointment as although I'm not directly affected contract wise, it is a worry about what the service quality may become. I hope that plusnet does not become a poor provider like many before have become. Still, I have 60 days to find out.
adie:quote
sassy62
Grafter

Probably just a case of 'good while they were small'...Ive noticed a steadt rise in rants on here since I joined plusnet 9 months ago..their customer base is growing but they dont seem to be.#
It looks like a case of 'we have got the awards now..so feet up time'
I have been trying to get through now for 3 hours..unusually high call rate...yeh right...I bet the cancellation dept answer the phone pretty quick.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Ive noticed a steadt rise in rants on here since I joined plusnet 9 months ago.

I honestly wouldn't say that I've noticed an increase, however they are easier to see now with the dedicated rants & raves section.
It looks like a case of 'we have got the awards now..so feet up time'

Not going to happen, we've learnt from past mistakes that you can't rest on your laurels.
I have been trying to get through now for 3 hours

Is that just on the normal support line? Looking at csc.plus.net it does show that there are a large number of calls, it might be worth keeping an eye on that and calling when we're a bit quieter.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sassy62
Grafter

I honestly wouldn't say that I've noticed an increase, however they are easier to see now with the dedicated rants & raves section.

Fair point and a good idea...I must admit the company does try its best to appear transparent when it comes to issues like that..
Is that just on the normal support line? Looking at csc.plus.net it does show that there are a large number of calls, it might be worth keeping an eye on that and calling when we're a bit quieter.

It was the 0845 line from the site..I have given up with the 0114 number..I did indeed call later and again I was quaoted at least ten minutes waiting time..I got through a little before that and was helped out with my minor problem by a very friendly and courteous fella..
I hope plusnet dont fall into the complacency trap or get swallowed up/closed down by BT personally speaking I have ALWAYS found the staff very polite, friendly and helpful...as opposed to my last service provider, Orange..(not really saying much though is it!  Wink )
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Marriage is a long term committment and I reckon over the last thirty years
my "subscription" has been in the region of a couple of million quid. PN
are therefore a bargain as the cost of "divorce" is minimal!
If you want to stay for just 12 months while your eye continues roving, and save
money, have a look here:
https://www.plus.net/save/
The trouble with moving on to a younger model ISP is that you can't test the
goods first! Having left Pipex (surprisingly without acrimony or alimony) I reckon
PN is about as good as it gets.