cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with lack of order tracking after placing fibre upgrade order

Ronski
Rising Star

Not impressed with lack of order tracking after placing fibre upgrade order

Last Saturday my cabinet finally went live, so straight onto PN website and upgraded my account for extra fibre and calls.
Order process was all clear and straight forward 10/10 for that.
As I had now signed for 18 months I thought I might as well change over to line rental saver, after a bit of searching I decided to use Google to find the relevant page, completed the application and got an email to confirm, it was at this stage that I realised I'd had no confirmation email relating to my Fibre order.
Now I always get two emails from PN for everything account related, one to the route account, and one to my other address. Checked all my folders, including spam/junk/deleted but nothing.
So I looked in my account, but no mention there either!

Only clues was an order date of 4/08/2012 for my current product, which stated order completed ??????
And of course an open order for the FTTC router.
I phoned on the Monday morning to confirm my order, which the lady did confirm, and I asked about the email, which she stated I should of received one. Now OK emails do go missing sometimes so I can accept that, but as for non existent order tracking, well that's truly poor.
Anybody else found this or is it another glitch?
22 REPLIES 22
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Not impressed with lack of order tracking after placing fibre upgrade order

Have you looked in your 'view your questions' for 'closed questions in the last 7 days'? My fibre order details turned up there.
PN have an annoying practice of putting info in there as 'closed' questions (which were never really open) which don't trigger an email and so you never know it's there.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
Ronski
Rising Star

Checking the closed tickets there is some info, but it's very limited, no mention of when the appointment is - good job I can remember that date 😉
I've been with PN since 2003, always had good service, but never really needed to deal with them much until recently, and what I've seen recently made it quite a hard choice as to whether to take fibre with them or move elsewhere.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I've a suspicion no email is sent (that's certainly my impression of the process after carrying out some 'live tests' today). I'm not sure if this is specific to fibre or happens with all account change requests if I'm honest. Either way, it's far from ideal so I'll look into it ...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

all product changes and we have been griping about it for ages
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yep, I remember not so long ago we also said we'd look at it. I've got a task raised and the content of the email created, so now it's just a matter of getting this coded so it sends on account change. Once things have settled down a bit after today's rollout I'll start pushing this again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ronski
Rising Star

Thanks to Chris & Bob for replying, it would be nice to get this sorted (email updates and order tracking in account overview) and also the line rental issue when customers have line rental saver, people always worry a bit when things don't show up/look right, and at the moment I have no info apart from an unconfirmed appointment for the 20th August PM.
So, can anybody check to see if my appointment for Monday PM is still scheduled?
When can one expect to receive the modem from BT and the router from PN? Not that I need either, in fact I don't even need a BT engineer to visit the house , except I'm hoping he'll move the master socket/filter from the hall to my server room 🙂
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've checked and your appointment is still set for Monday afternoon. With regards to the modem the engineer will bring and install that for you, as for the router that normally arrives a day or two prior to installation but I've despatched it now anyway whilst I was looking at your account.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ronski
Rising Star

Great stuff Adam, thanks very much for checking and confirming the appointment is still booked for Monday afternoon .
I plan on keeping the new hardware as spares, and using my existing equipment which is all compatible and ready to go,  just got to double check the HG612 settings and install the logging scripts on my server 🙂
Ronski
Rising Star

I see my router has been despatched, thanks.
Another little bit that needs improving, I can click view order status for the router, and then there's a delivery status button which when clicked goes through to the Royal Mail tracking webpage, except there is no tracking info.
Of course it is possible that you've only just despatched the router and therefore it won't yet show up, although the date in account summary is yesterdays. So you could do with certainly a date despatched and possibly a time, and perhaps show the tracking number as well. Also an email wouldn't go amiss to keep customers up to date.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
We send our routers out first class packet post, so there wouldn't be a tracking reference, hence why you're not seeing one.
That of course doesn't explain why you're being directed to a royal mail page...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Another little bit that needs improving, I can click view order status for the router, and then there's a delivery status button which when clicked goes through to the Royal Mail tracking webpage, except there is no tracking info.

I'm raising a problem to get the tracking link removed as it doesn't need to be there.
problem 72430 refers
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Ronski
Rising Star

Just a little more feedback, had an email this morning, apparently my product change is complete - even though the fibre install is not until this afternoon, could be a bit confusing for some.
Your product change is now complete, here are the details:
Broadband Product Plusnet Extra Fibre
This is your account type and monthly subscription.  Broadband Product Plusnet Extra Fibre
Monthly Subscription £21.49
After 0 month(s) your subscription will change to £21.49 
Estimated speed 40 Mbps
This is an estimate of the line speed you'll get. 

Anyway if my product has now changed, is it possible to change it to the new 80/20 250GB product please, or will that need to wait until it's installed this afternoon?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ronski,
Just changed it for you now, suspect you were moved to the previous 120GB version because the change was requested before we rolled it out. Anyway that's been amended for you Smiley
Ronski
Rising Star

Yes, that's correct, thanks  Matt, now just got to hope the BT engineer turns up this afternoon.