cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with plusnet atall .....

mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Not happy with plusnet atall .....

i started with plusnet 2months ago and it took ages for my connection to get set up but then once it was set up all was fine and smooth service , but as of vbout a week ago i noticed my connection speeds had started to slow down, and then it went to cutting out and dipping. Now i have got terrible connection, i rang plusnet 2 days ago which he told mw my conncetion was fine which i knew was not. So i decided to leave it a day and see how it goes but just got worser still, so then i rang them last night and they raised a fault on my behalf and i was told i would recieve a call back in 4-6 hours but did not recieve a call.
I then rang up tonight and got told different information saying that it can take 24 to 72 hours to recieve a call but then all he could say was apologise and i recieved no information, i think it is wrong that everytime i am phoneing i am either getting the wrong technical support or wrong service information.
Not a very happy customer at the moment....
Undecided
44 REPLIES 44
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Re: Not happy with plusnet atall .....

ticket number is 34974527 if any staff need it ...
TicnTac
Grafter

Hang fire, one of the Plusnet staff members will swoop in and sort things (they have funny little wings on their backs ya know Wink ), you came to right place to get sorted, the forums, far cheaper than pointless phone calls!
Just don't hold your breath.........very serious health warning there! Wink
Hope you get sorted!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just don't hold your breath.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88371.16.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Quote from: TicnTac
Hang fire, one of the Plusnet staff members will swoop in and sort things (they have funny little wings on their backs ya know Wink ), you came to right place to get sorted, the forums, far cheaper than pointless phone calls!
Just don't hold your breath.........very serious health warning there! Wink
Hope you get sorted!

thanks for that i had a phone call off them this morning they are sending me a new router out so lets see if that works but my connection only seems to be going really laggy from now onwards at evenings ... why could this be  do you think?
TicnTac
Grafter

why could this be  do you think?

I think it could be the well branded Plusnet Treacle - lots of traffic which makes browsing slow, like dragging your feet through sludge.  Roll_eyes
However, one of the winged staff I'm sure will look into traffic issues with your local exchange, also it might depend on which bit of Plusnet you are connecting too, way back when we first joined we had Plusnet Treacle - however they sorted it, took a little time, but it did make a difference.  Smiley
It could also be that your sync. is sinking during the evening, possible interference?
Problem with these things there are so many variables and avenues to wander down, however I'm sure Adam will do his very best for you! No guarantees with BT though  Undecided
Blink three times, touch your nose............ah that'll be Something Special (too much CBeebies with the wee one - just try fingers crossed! Smiley
al446
Dabbler

Re above - see my post in 'wish I had never moved etc'
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

recieved my new router and connection is still poor .... this is beginning to get very very frustrating now ... COME ON PLUSNET ...  Undecided
Thanks TiknTak ill try it Cheesy my lil one loves cbeebies too Cheesy
TicnTac
Grafter

Grin
Just shout Adam really loudly, and I'm sure he'll come to your rescue, he normally does,sometimes  Wink Roll_eyes
If there is a fault, they can get one open, looked at, and maybe by Christmas you could have a working line  Roll_eyes Maybe sooner, since BT seems to be the one at fault, and with that information it might speed things up!
what does this link report for you?http://www.speedtest.net/
also try BT Speed Test http://217.32.105.42:50301/ (IP works better than website - thanks to oldjim Wink )
Keep the fingers crossed!
Smiley
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

my connection speeds 😕

Date Download Speed Upload Speed
Today 20:19 1803 kbps (225kB/s) 325 kbps (40.6kB/s) Share
Today 12:54 4607 kbps (576kB/s) 313 kbps (39.1kB/s) Share
Today 12:42 5956 kbps (745kB/s) 378 kbps (47.3kB/s) Share

This is how poor it s of night time 😕
TicnTac
Grafter

bit of a yo-yo sync wise  Undecided odd?
Let's hope Plusnet get BT to get it sorted or at least get some tests done, although it could just be the way it is at the exchange, might even be your router, but I guess you'll be sent down the avenue of plugging into the master socket by removing the faceplate etc. etc. I'd wait to see what Plusnet advise first though Smiley
Best of luck - our connection has sunk again  Roll_eyes Sad
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Quote from: TicnTac
bit of a yo-yo sync wise  Undecided odd?
Let's hope Plusnet get BT to get it sorted or at least get some tests done, although it could just be the way it is at the exchange, might even be your router, but I guess you'll be sent down the avenue of plugging into the master socket by removing the faceplate etc. etc. I'd wait to see what Plusnet advise first though Smiley
Best of luck - our connection has sunk again  Roll_eyes Sad

i have already been sent a test rooter that is plugged in now, has kept my connection without dipping for the last 4 days so that problem is solved now, but as you can see not even getting 2meg, told me to repeat process with test socket which i hvve already done countless times when i rung earlier, just feel like i am going in circles now 😕
TicnTac
Grafter

You need an Adam - could speculate until the cows come home about what it could be, pretty similar to the problem we've had  Roll_eyes - I say had - having I should say  Undecided Things were going well, but........our line keeps dropping, despite exchange work taking place - might even get a REIN engineer now  Roll_eyes
Have done the circles thing as well - most of it down to BT not doing the job first time round, and now I'm wondering if other work has really taken place or it could be just a farce?  Undecided
Give Adam a shout or PM, get him or Ben or someone on the case and get it sorted - best of luck!  Smiley
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

ok thanks, so what was the problem you had then?  Roll_eyes all seems to be people in the same boat ...
gswindale
Grafter

If it's dropping at the same time every day, then it is likely to be interference of some sort.
I seem to recall reading some posts where street lights were causing the problem (certainly Christmas lights can cause havoc with the ADSL service).