cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with plusnet atall .....

mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Re: Not happy with plusnet atall .....

Grin haha i wish that was the case geoff but it is nowhere near christmas and it's not at the same time everyday 😕 my connection has started to cut out again now,  thought that problem was fixed but it looks like i am going around in circles again.
Just wish it would just rectify itself, if adam could help that would be great, how loud exactly do i have to shout him  Cheesy
aaaaaaaadddddddddaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm Cheesy would that work lol??
dick:quote

TicnTac
Grafter

Try sending him a PM -  Roll_eyes Although it'll be Monday now before anything is done.
I take it 17070 opt 2 gives a nice clear line with no noise?
Just a thought - either that or you'll need a lift and shift as they call it, or maybe it could just be the router?
All the best anyway!
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Quote from: TicnTac
Try sending him a PM -  Roll_eyes Although it'll be Monday now before anything is done.
I take it 17070 opt 2 gives a nice clear line with no noise?
Just a thought - either that or you'll need a lift and shift as they call it, or maybe it could just be the router?
All the best anyway!

what do you mean 17070 opt 2??
ok ill try pming him thnks again
gswindale
Grafter

That is the quiet line test - if you can hear nothing, then BT won't do much - if you can hear some sort of noise you can report a landline fault which BT are more willing to investigate and fix.
TicnTac
Grafter

cheers geofftswin - should have explained that a little better  Embarrassed Roll_eyes
9 times out of 10, a voice noise fault will normally sort a broadband fault, or it'll be at least to blame for some part of it. However the other 1 out of 10 will be faults like mine, which seem to take forever as BT are reluctant to fix a known problem  Roll_eyes
However dialling 17070 then pressing option 2 should give you a very quiet line, apart from when it yells out "quiet line test", any pops, hiss, crackles, pops, etc. get it booked as a voice fault. So if it sounds like a certain type of Kelloggs Cereal - then report it asap Smiley Wait almost half a year, and you might get sorted  Roll_eyes Grin
Best of luck!
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

did the line test and could hear nothing, i think it is just the fact that they ain't sending enough connection out, i couldn't wait 6 months lol it would drive me mad  Shocked
tonycollinet
Grafter

The speeds you posted look typical of what most people see - a slow down during peak times in the evening.
Dropped connections are a whole different issue of course.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll have a look at this one for you, I'll post back in a bit with a review, and where we're going to go from here Smiley
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Thanks Ben  Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all and thanks for your time on the telephone too. Please let me know when the speedtests have been done so that we can see whether this is a physical line fault, or a congestion issue.
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

ok i will do thanks for your time to look into it  Grin
TicnTac
Grafter

You've got a Ben, I had a little bit of Ben, then got Adam full time again, although I have to say Ben did kickstart things and got things moving for me. He's also not told me off for posting on other posts in the forum! Wink
Bonus at a clear line though Smiley
Good luck!
Smiley
mum2rhys1
Dabbler

Quote from: TicnTac
You've got a Ben, I had a little bit of Ben, then got Adam full time again, although I have to say Ben did kickstart things and got things moving for me. He's also not told me off for posting on other posts in the forum! Wink
Bonus at a clear line though Smiley
Good luck!
Smiley

Haha do they get passed around then?  Ben has been more helpful in 3 hours then any of them in the past 2 weeks ...  Cheesy  Let's just hope it is sorted soon Smiley 
I thought you was allowed to post on other peoples posts lol?
TicnTac
Grafter

I thought you was allowed to post on other peoples posts lol?

You are, you really are, but I think the awkward combination of my sarcasm, wit, ( or lack of  Roll_eyes and the loathing of a certain British Telecom company mixed together within forum posts with similar troubled issues wasn’t taken too well, or maybe a little out of context, (was only trying to help of course Wink but I think Adam has worked it out by now, it’s amazing what one or two telephone conversations can do.  Grin
Ben it a good chap, Ben, after all was the catalyst in sorting the many problems our BT line has suffered under the hands of, well erm, BT.  Roll_eyes Have to thank Ben for being able  to play with a D-Link router too, shall wait for router number 5 to arrive, and hope that makes a difference!  Undecided The rest of course I have to thank Adam  Smiley
The handful of Plusnet Staff which tend to wear the wings on this forum tend to get the more delicate cases, not sure if they pull straws or not, or maybe it is a first come first served basis. They might even be chained in the dark dank basement of Plusnet and this is their punishment, the more cases they solve and the happier the customers are, the quicker they get released? Who know's how it works?  Roll_eyes Wink
Lorenzo48
Grafter

They are nice to you here but curse you over coffee on their rest break  Wink