Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fit for purpose

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Not fit for purpose

Welcome to my broadband speed checker...........we are currently experiencing issues with our speed tester.
Click on begin and you get please wait 20 to 120 seconds for test to complete.........except it never does.
Yes there are other speed checkers out there but the point is the message, we are currently experiencing issues with the speed tester, has been there for at least 2 years and possibly longer so the questions are,
Can it be fixed ? If yes why has it not been fixed and if no then why not just remove it and replace it with a link to a working speed tester
We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Not fit for purpose

The predecessor hadn't worked for many years (probably 10 or more but I'm sure someone else can confirm) and I have never even tried this one.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

anniesboy
Rising Star

Works for me and has done for some days.
nothat I use it much.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

So you don't get the message,'We are experencing issues..........."  message when using it .?
If it's not accurate what's the point of it ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's another case of Plusnet not caring a toss about the quality of something. Apparently they do get a number of people clicking through from the adverts on mybroadbandspeed so marketing won't remove the site even though the technical guys know that as soon as several people are running simultaneous tests it gives crap results! Angry
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)