cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to take my order!

Kaybe

Not able to take my order!

Hi
Have been a Plus net customer for years - last year also changed to phone, too and have always been from "happy" to "really impressed" with the service and have recommended it to others.  Today I decided to change to fibre optic.  Went through all the procedure with the sales adviser, only to be told "I can't process that now, our broadband is down - call back in about a week".
Really, Plus net???!!!
KB
18 REPLIES 18
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Not able to take my order!

Hi Kaybe,
Sorry about that, I'll have to look into why you were told that. There is an issue currently with account change to fibre but they should be taking your order manually. I'll get someone to call you today to discuss this.
Jojo Smiley
jazz
Grafter

I'm in a similar situation had the same problem trying to upgrade to fibre on 3 Feb.  Told at first to ring back in a couple of hours.  After trying several more times online I rang again and the agent said the system wasn't working but an order could be put through manually.  This was done eventually - although it took about half an hour of holding on and I was put through to several different people who kept passing me on again.
I've been with Plusnet for a few years now and always been quite happy with the service.  I was surprised that even the "sales" section was so slow to respond but I guess they must have been overwhelmed with "manual" orders?  Anyway I'm due to get my fibre upgrade on 10 Feb all being well.  Hope yours goes through OK after your post Kaybee.  Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Kaybe & Jaz
Apologies for the way this was handled. The management team became aware of this direction this morning and have briefed both the CSC and our sales team on the correct approach.
We should never expect customers to call back in circumstances such as this and we absolutely should have handled this better.
I'll ask the Digi Care team to pick up on your orders and get these actioned.
Apologies once again.
Mark
jazz
Grafter

Thanks for your comment Mark.  I'm glad the management team have picked the problem and are dealing with it.  I'm a very happy Plusnet user and supporter so I don't like to see things going wrong for you.  There must have been quite a few like me on Friday and over the weekend.  I just had the time and determination to stick at it but I guess most don't have that time.  Hope it all gets sorted for you anyway.  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@kaybe - I've set the order going in our systems and requested the engineer attend to install on the 20th (am) but we'll need to confirm with you when that's booked or if we need to arrange an alternative date and/or time. We'll be in touch to do that as soon as it's confirmed to us.
@jazz - your order has likewise been placed though I'm afraid we weren't able to request the 10th for you as an appointment date as there's not enough time, so I've requested slots for the 13th, 14th or 15th in the morning - please let us know if you'd like those to be changed.
jazz
Grafter

Thanks Matt.  I got an email about the delay.  I'm on phone now and waiting to be put through.
Just a small point but the mail said ring and click for "order updates".  Your switchboard gives no such option so I'm just ringing "upgrades".  Will let you know how I get on  Smiley
Kaybe

Hi - thanks for  Robert's call on Monday morning and for processing my order.  I did think it was strange, especially in this area, where Virgin and Sky are so actively marketing.  Have to say that the sales assistant sounded demotivated - perhaps a weekend of putting customers off???  Most unlike my normal upbeat conversations with PlusNet.  The trouble is that it took 2 previously very satisfied customers to flag it up (thanks for your supporting comments, Jazz) - so who knows what happened to the other applicants.
Router arrived within 24 hours - well done - you must have good relations with the Post Office!  Just waiting for installation appointment to be received.
Again - thanks for your help.
Kaybe
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI Kaybe,
Your ticket's been updated with an appointment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jazz
Grafter

My ticket  (updated at Plusnet 0906hrs on 8/2/12 now reads  "We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 51697207 ] has now been returned to the BOT - FTTC Provides pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."
What does this mean?  Does this mean my order is being placed?Huh
I am still awaiting confirmation of an appointment for the upgrade on the afternoon of 17th Feb.  My router has not yet arrived - has it been despatched yet?  In view of the problems you have experienced I am beginning to grow concerned.  The only thing which has gone smoothly so far is the extraction of money from my bank account!  I hope that things get resolved before too long..... Sad
James
Grafter

Hi there,
Apologies for the slightly confusing name! BOT - FTTC Provides means the ticket pool pool that we use for placing and monitoring all Fibre broadband orders.
It means that your ticket is waiting to be actioned by someone working on that team.  I'll ask someone to go and do so for you.
jazz
Grafter

Thanks for that James.  I've just had confrmation that the BT appointment has been made for the afternoon of 17 Feb..  Just awaiting the router now which I assume will be delivered next week.  Smiley
Kaybe

Ok - so everything went smoothly and I'm now up and running - hope you are too, Jazz.
jazz
Grafter

Glad you are up and running ok and thanks for those good wishes Kaybe.
Unfortunately my order went downhill all the way.  No router was despatched - I was told that because the order was processed manually there was no trigger to despatch a router - and when I raised the matter here on the Community Forum a Plusnet staff member arranged the despatch but could only do so by changing my account details to an upgraded  fibre account as he said fibre routers could not be sent to customers not yet upgraded!  Sadly in the late afternoon of 17 Feb Openreach rang to say they were too busy and wouldn't be attending the appointment!!  The caller said I would be rung next day for another appointment to be made but this didn't happen.  I had to ring Plusnet and several days later they are still trying to get an  appointment date out of Openbreach.  The service level is truly awful.  I know most of it is the fault of BT and not Plusnet but it is SO frustrating to deal with a different customer services person at Plusnet every time you make contact - it's like Grounhog Day!  Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Kaybe also glad to see you got that sorted
@jazz I'm sorry to see that your issues are taking a while to resolve. I've just checked your account to see what I can do to help, I can see that you have an engineer visit booked for the 28th so I'd like to wait and see what the outcome of that is first. If you still have issues after that, please do contact me through here and I'll get on the case, I'll also make sure we pop a good will gesture of some sort on your account in light of the issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team