cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response from customer support.

wearyplodder
Grafter

No response from customer support.

Since Wednesday my Broadband connection has been acting as though it has been restricted because of over-use.  The restrictions lift each day around 1700 hrs and come back into force sometime in the early hours of the morning (0200 to 0300 hrs, I estimate).  I have PlusNet Option 2 package with up to 15 GB usage, but flexible additions to that anyway.  I have currently used around 9 GB.
I phoned Thursday morning 1015 hrs, and the man I spoke to confirmed that restrictions were in place, said he could see no reason why they should be, and he would raise a ticket.  The "Question" duly appeared on my account, but I heard nothing.
Friday morning I added a comment to the Question saying that the same restriction had appeared again.  Still nothing happened.
Friday afternoon, around 1500 hrs, I phoned again.  The man said the ticket did not appear to have been picked up for some reason, and he would contact the Network Team to make sure they responded before the weekend.  Guess what? - Nothing happened.
Average closure time 4 hrs????  I have now been waiting over 50 hours, and still I do not know whether they have even looked at my problem.
I am crawling along at around 127 kbps for most of the day, and it is painful!  On my old package if I went over the bandwidth limits I used to get these restrictions, but they were clearly defined to Peak or Off Peak time-slots.  But 0200 hrs to 1700 hrs! - what does that relate to?Huh
Does anyone know how I can get through to these guys, to get this sorted?Huh
Any reasonable suggestions gratefully received!
Wearyplodder

18 REPLIES 18
mal0z
Grafter

Re: No response from customer support.

Have you tried phoning and asking for the CS duty team leader ?
wearyplodder
Grafter

Thanks for that Mal0z,
Following your prompt I did phone again.  Only spoke to a CS Team Member, but he did try to speak to one of the Network Team (working from home, he said).  Could not get through at the moment, but has promised to escalate my Ticket, and "Hopefully it should be sorted out soon".
We wait to see . . . . . . .!
mal0z
Grafter

yes - it's a shame it went into the weekend - when I presume less staff are on, but I would just keep phoning them  Wink
I assume you are on a free phone at weekend package - so use these numbers:
    *  Customer Support: 0114 296 5198 
    * Broadband Faults Helpline: 0114 296 5188
wearyplodder
Grafter

Phoned again just now i.e. 90 minutes later.  Spoke to same guy.  Apologetic, and will try to speak to the Network chap again, but says there is nothing really that he can do.
One interesting comment he made: "Try not to add additional comments to your Question as that puts it to the back of the queue"!  I had posted a couple of pleas not to be ignored any longer!
It is now just turned 1700 hrs, and from past experience I expect the restrictions will be lifted anyway about now.  Shall not be using computer tomorrow, so I shall not now know whether the problem has been resolved until Monday, unless there is a response posted to my Question.
Thanks mal0z for your suggestions.
WearyAndFrustratedPlodder  Sad
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: wearyplodder

One interesting comment he made: "Try not to add additional comments to your Question as that puts it to the back of the queue"!   I had posted a couple of pleas not to be ignored any longer!

This is worrying - what does it mean Plusnet Huh

If people try to add information to their ticket to clarify the problem - why should this happen ????
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

We have been told many times in the past that it doesn't - I await clarification and perhaps re-education with interest
Mark
Grafter

It used to be the case but hasnt been that way for some time.
We'll ensure the analyst is educated accordingly.
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks Mark
wearyplodder
Grafter

So, Mark, do you have any explanations why I am being so systematically ignored?
The chap on the phone said it is a fairly easy thing to put this situation right, but if not done correctly things can go horribly wrong.  If it is easy to do, why does someone not get on and do it? Undecided
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I'm sorry that you've had to wait quite so long.  This isn't normally the case.
It sounds like something that the Networks Team need to look at, but they only work during the week.
If you ask me to have a look on Monday I'll make sure that someone looks into it for you.
Mark
Grafter

No unfortunately not but only because I'm at home.
I would suggest the work required to resolve this issue needs to be done by the networks team who dont work weekends.But as I have no visibility of what caused this in the first place, I can only speculate.
Sorry I cant be of any more help just now.
wearyplodder
Grafter

Gentlemen.  Thanks for taking the trouble to respond. 
Still I am left with some things that do not seem to tie-up.  The man I spoke to yesterday said that he would get the Network Team to look at my case urgently as they did not work weekends, but the man I spoke to twice today was trying to get through to a Network Team Member who, he said, was working from home.  Now you say that they do not work weekends!  Seems to be some confusion as to who works when and where!
Now it appears that nothing can be done before Monday which will be some 90 hours since the ticket was raised!  I am afraid that does not merit a very high percentage mark for efficiency of service.
Anyway, now I will wait quietly until Monday, and see what happens then.  Hopefully my  Smiley will soon be restored  Wink
Regards, John
James
Grafter

Morning John,
Whilst our Networks guys don't work the weekends, there is always someone on call.  I think the CSC person you spoke to was going to try to get hold of the on-call person, which unfortunately they don't appear to have been able to do.
I've just had a chat with one of the managers on that team and they're going to try and get this sorted out for you as soon as they can.
wearyplodder
Grafter

Morning  to you, Jameseh, and thanks for your help.
I have just turned my computer on to check the state of affairs this morning, and although the status of MY Question is still  "Awaiting Support Team answer"  I do seem to be running without restrictions at the moment, so I trust someone has fixed my problem at last.
I do wonder why it can have taken so long?
Kind regards,  John