cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line for 17 days and counting

m00min
Dabbler

No phone line for 17 days and counting

Not happy with the service I'm getting from you guys so I've decided to file a formal complaint. Your http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml page says the following:
The fastest way to let us know if you're not happy with your service is by using Plusnet Chat (click the banner on the left) or by contacting us by telephone (0800 432 0200, 7.30am - 10pm every day). You can raise a complaint via either of these methods and these are the best ways to get a quick resolution to any issue.

Funny then that there is no banner. Is this how you keep complaints to a minimum? I would phone but see the title of my post for the reason why I can't. So how do I go about starting a formal complaint?
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: No phone line for 17 days and counting

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing, I can see this is already being looked in to and unfortunately there is a requirement for roadworks in order to fix this. At the moment these are scheduled for the 10th March and we should have more information then.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
m00min
Dabbler

If you look at my ticket you'll see the roadwork issue was known about way back on the 19th of February. What exactly has been happening between then and now such that the next ticket update isn't until March 11th? I suspect that nothing has actually been done and myself and (at least) six other neighbours are being fobbed off. I can see on my ticket that an engineer was out on the 22nd and 24th of February, but unless the engineer was sent with digging equipment what exactly did they expect to do?
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderators Note.
Post removed as it was a duplicate of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149120.msg1311017.html#msg1311017

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

m00min
Dabbler

Even better, just received an email stating Plusnet will be debiting my account for my "service". If this is taken I will be charging 8% interest on the refund.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I can assure you that we are doing all we can to get you back online as soon as possible. Unfortunately it's not possible for us to freeze billing when people are experiencing faults, however we will issue a refund for downtime once the fault is resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
m00min
Dabbler

Ok, as I said I will be expecting interest as you've taken my money and not provided any service. If you can't then I'll be cancelling my direct debit until my phone line is fixed.
mav:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We wouldn't provide interest on a refund for downtime I'm afraid. I'd advise against cancelling the DD as this can have negative impacts on the account.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
m00min
Dabbler

Well that's just great, you can take my money whilst providing no service and I'm supposed to just put up with it? As luck would have it my renewal is up in May. At least as a BT customer you know you're gonna get shafted, Plusnet like to bang on about "we'll do you proud" then you shaft your customers.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Hi moomin
PN will provide you with a refund for the downtime once the service is back up and running . Other wise until the fault is fixed they would not know how much to refund.
Also their billing system does not have the facility to stop taking a payment(s) when a fault is reported
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

m00min
Dabbler

Well I guess it might get fixed sometime next year at this rate, incidentally looking at roadworks.org reveals no work or planning for work is active so I guess the date from Plusnet of 11th March is another lie.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The 11th of March was not a lie. This is the date we advised our suppliers had asked us to check for further updates, we did not advise this would be when the fault was resolved, it is just a review date for updates from our suppliers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
m00min
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB
we did not advise this would be when the fault was resolved, it is just a review date for updates from our suppliers.

No, I don't expect I'll be reconnected this side of May. Given there is nothing scheduled on roadworks.org and that shows any work that has to have permission applied for then I take it that nothing will be done for the 11th. I'll be strung along with another on hold ticket and random date for an update where still nothing has been done. The suppliers line got old a week ago, I don't pay Openreach, I pay Plusnet, and I'm not getting what I'm paying for.