cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since June 1st

botts

No internet since June 1st

So now its Monday 6th June and still no internet since June 1st at 8 :24am.
Despite both mine and my wifes best efforts to encourage Plusnet to proactively provide us with updates we have had little success. In fact zero. Unless we initiate the calls we have had no update dispite promises on the phone to the contrary. Also, how on earth do plusnet think people can check incident issues when thire internet is not working ?
We have spoken with Dan, Andy, Daniel, Tony, Burton and James on various calls expressing the inconvinence this is causing for both myself  (for work) and my son ( for his A level course work).
We have seen little in the way of committement when we will have a resolution to this issue or even of actual feed back on progress when previously promised. It appears that if we arent chasing the issue nothnig is progressed.
I have never felt the need to write on any forum before , but 6 days and counting so thought I would.
Coming to a sad conclusion (after years of being a customer)  that the advertising hype for Plusnet is just that.

4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: No internet since June 1st

Hi there,
Sorry about the continued downtime, and the lack of updates you've had.
Rest assured we are working to get your fault resolved but unfortunately these things can take a number of days. I've asked for somebody to check the latest with BT Wholesale so you should see some movement this afternoon at some point...
Edit: looks like you're now back online?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

lexusuk
Grafter

Yeah it looks like my line test re-established the connection. 
Sometimes when the connection from your router fails for a period of time the router will stop trying to authenticate all together.  The testing I performed today was intrusive so the synchronisation between your router and the exchange will have dropped and re-synced.  This no doubt prompted your router to attempt to re-connect (Authenticate) and brought it back up.
Let us know if you have any further issues.
botts

thank you for your response.
Very happy things now appear to be working.
But someone need to take a look at your customer care. People understand hardware fails  and problems occur which take time to resolve.
However there is no excuse for promising updates on progress which are never fulfilled. It is this which drives the majority of customers to consider swapping providers.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

However there is no excuse for promising updates on progress which are never fulfilled. It is this which drives the majority of customers to consider swapping providers.

I'm hearing you there I'll be picking over the details of what went wrong here and will be passing on some feedback.
Thanks for your patience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team