cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet issue taking too long.

gillmccarthy

No internet issue taking too long.

Last friday I my internet started running so slow that I couldn't even load a web-page, at the time Openreach was doing some work on the lines outside my house so I assumed that they messed something up. Anyway on saturday I called up Plusnet and they thought they had a solution which was adjusting my line speed but could take up to 4 hours to take effect, 4 hours later and the problem was still there, so I called up again, I got told this will be forwarded to the faults team and could take up to 72 hours before I hear back from them.
Yesterday the 72 hours had passed and I had still heard nothing, so I called up plusnet again and went through the issue and added any information I knew about, I was told my best bet would be to have an openreach engineer to come and have a look to see what was wrong so we made an appointment for this morning. I thought this was a good things as I am sure it was Openreach who messed up the line in the first place so they might be able to fix it or at the very least find out for sure where the problem was.
After waiting around all morning after 13:00 it was clear that Openreach was not coming, so I called up plusnet again, I got told that they had not heard anything back from openreach but it is highly unlikely that they are coming today, I was also told that the issue is being put forward to the faults team again and would take ANOTHER 72 hours after which I would most likely need to book another engineer appointment at earliest next monday.
I work from home so the longer I have no internet the longer I am unable to do my job properly, this issue is already taking over a week at least and we have still got absolutely nowhere, all the while I am paying for internet I cannot use. I have no problems with the representatives I have been talking to but ever since this problem has started I have just been on waiting lists and had engineers not show up for appointments (which I understand they are a part of openreach but still).
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No internet issue taking too long.

I forgot to ask if this post was from the authorised account holder (i.e who I've just spoken with)
As confirmed I've booked a new appointment for tomorrow.
There's some feedback we need to pass to our suppliers and the agent you spoke to who as I mentioned could have given better customer service for you at the time of the call.
I'll update ticket 93284332 shortly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gillmccarthy

Yes it was me, again thanks for clearing things up, will update this thread if there are any further problems or to just let you know if things have been sorted.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem and thanks again!
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread tomorrow. Hope everything goes to plan, if there's any issues I'll make sure we're straight on the case for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gillmccarthy

Just replying to say the issue is fixed, the engineer came around today, he said allot of people in the area have been having the same problem, there is something going wrong at the exchange, he tested my line then went off to the exchange to do something, an hour later he called up and my internet was back to normal, thanks again for simplifying this issue for me and getting it sorted, did you want me to update my ticket to say it is resolved?
- Alex
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Alex,
Welcome to the forums - good to hear that it looks like your issue is resolved.  I would hold off closing the ticket until you've had a few days of stable service.
If you are on ADSL it would be useful if you could paste all of the data requested here so that community members can advise if your line is giving you the best possible service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey Alex!
Thanks a lot for letting me know. It's really good to hear that's been resolved so simply and quickly.
Don't worry about updating the ticket I'll get that closed off.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team