cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet AGAIN

sandr

No internet AGAIN

Moved house at beginning of July and opted for Fibre Broadband. Told phone and broadband together would be quickest set-up. Given a date to finalise set-up. First engineer turned up, went away, came back, told me all up and running. Second engineer turns up unannounced, tells me he's been asked to do some work, he can't fix it. At this point, limited broadband, no phone. That was Thursday. By Sundat, broadband intermittent, still no phone. Then broadband goes off permanently. Spend 50 minutes on phone trying to get through and another 10 trying to get person to sort the issue. They can't.  Finally get broadband AND phone line 2 days later - so now into 3 weeks without phone or proper internet. Today, less than one week later, no broadband again. Partner trying to work from home and can't so this is costing us money. They won't speak to him because he isn't the account holder - and the 'instantaneous' support that he has been told we will get if I log on to try to amend the account is actually an average of 46 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds (according to the web-site). So, now into our fourth week of not having proper internet and it is costing us money because we both need to work from home - and WORK doesn't include spending hours and hours trying to get PlusNet to sort out our internet access. PlusNet - pleeasssseeeee sort this out, it really isn't good enough.
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No internet AGAIN

Raise a ticket on your account authorising your partner to speak to them about the account.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sandr,
We're sorry to hear that you've had continued issues after the initial fix was applied, after checking over your account it seems like we may have identified an issue with the router that could be either causing the problem or hindering the attempts to run tests to further investigate and this has now been raised for an RMA to replace the hardware for you.
I also see that you've managed to get your partner added to the account so that calling in will now be easier to manage.
Please let us know how you progress with the testing of the new router, we hope that this resolves the issue for you.
sandr

OK. So very helpful engineer turns up today and we now have ADSL broadband. Thank God For That. However, not sure whether the modem for the fibreoptic broadband isn't working and/or someone has cancelled our fibreoptic broadband (either at PlusNet or an engineer making a mistake wherever it is that they do stuff to make the line suitable for fibreoptic). My account still says that we have fibre (!). Terrible, terrible experience trying to sort out installation of fibreoptic broadband.......hoping we are not going to have to wait another 10 working days to sort things out  Angry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
This is a bit confusing.  ADSL broadband and FTTC (fibre optic) are VERY different and use different equipment.
FTTC uses a BTOR supplied modem in addition to the PN supplied TG582n FTTC version router or your own "cable" router.
ADSL just uses the PN supplied TG582n ADSL modem / router or your own equipment.
What kit are you using?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sandr,
Sorry for the confusion, it looks like there has been an order placed to move you back to FTTC here and there are very few details to show why this happened in the first place.
We're glad to hear that you now have a working connection at least but please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and rest assured that we're working to resolve the issue with the fibre service for you as soon as possible.

sandr

Thanks Adam. Yes, Townman, it's really confusing. We ordered fibre when we moved. They brought the kit (but hadn't sorted the phone out!), but something (and I don't know what) hadn't been done. The whole thing went off, got sorted and at that point they said we had fibre. But, there's something wrong with the fibre installation and/or it's been cancelled when it shouldn't have been..... So, to give us some kind of broadband (often work from home) they've put us back on ADSL and raised a ticket for us to gave fibre sometime around 11th August! ..... Bit pants, but at least we can access the internet AND we have a phone line so don't have to use our mobiles for hours trying to sort the whole issue out!