cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Reply

valart
Grafter

No Reply

I phoned PN about a minor broadband problem and was on the phone for ages I think there was a problem being hard of hearing I think there was a message regarding the waiting time.
8 REPLIES 8
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: No Reply

Ok... what can we do to help you then?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
valart
Grafter

I am not sure if I have a problem on rare occasions my line drops and connects very quickly is normal
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If it is rare then it is totally normal and nothing to worry about
However a more serious question is what are the options where a person with impaired hearing phones up. I am not sure how type talk works in that situation http://www.typetalk.org/
As such I am moving this thread to Feedback for staff comment
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

I too have problems both with automated messages recorded by many organisations, and subsequently with actual human staff. Plusnet is certainly not alone.
OP you have my sympathy
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
valart
Grafter

I find a lot of the people speak too quickly and they mumble my hearing problem was caused by working on the printing presses in Fleet Street
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
....what are the options where a person with impaired hearing phones up...

Apart from whatever Plusnet offer....some people who are hard of hearing may benefit from a phone specially designed for them such as those available from Action On Hearing Loss (aka RNID). The one I recently bought my mother, who uses a hearing aid,  has made a big difference. (I make no assumptions that such a solution would apply for the OP's degree of hearing loss &/or current equipment).
http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/shop.aspx
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One thing which really helped a friend of mine was a phone with a really good hands free system as it amplified it to the point where she could use it as a normal phone - against the ear that is
valart
Grafter

I have a hands free phone which is loud but the caller sometimes have said they are unable to hear me perhaps they have hearing problem.