cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet, PlusNet don't care

gazhay

No Internet, PlusNet don't care

I have had plusnet installed into my brother-in-laws for over 2 years with no problems. (I had problems with them on another line and long ago switched)
I was called down by my brother-in-law last friday as the "internet wasn't working".
Right away I noticed no adsl light on the router.
Tried, different (working router), different filter, test socket, etc, etc, none of which detected any dsl sync on the line.
Reported the fault last Friday evening. Took all weekend for PlusNet to decide "there is no fault" - I told them still no sync light with any routers, even in the test socket, so they referred it to BT. BT said they couldn't find a fault, and again I insisted to PlusNet there was no equipment failure.
Finally BT admitted there was a fault and scheduled an OpenReach engineer to go to the exchange to fix it.
This Thursday just past the OpenReach engineer REJECTED the fault, and that is the last I have heard.
So, they have been without Internet for over a week due to a fault at the exchange and now OpenReach/BT are refusing to fix it?!?!?!?
Worst still, PlusNet don't seem to care, with no responses to my ticket since Thursday.
Shoddy, shoddy, ISP, backed-up by shoddy BT.
3 REPLIES 3
artificer
Grafter

Re: No Internet, PlusNet don't care

can you get into the router's management via a browser?  can you ping your router?
gazhay

Yes - i should have said, i work in the industry and have fully tested the router (and a second one) it is deffo. not equipment fault - no routers work.
I have just had plusnet on the phone again though. Apparently I should never have been told OpenReach rejected the fault and an engineer has to visit. When asked why this wasn't mentioned last week I got a "we are behind in our workflow" answer.
I mentioned the engineer was booked to come to the house last week but decided to go to the exchange, and was told "he would have just been told what to do"
So despite organising a home visit last week, i need to do so again for this week?!?!
These people have no shame.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately there can be times when BT request an appointment incorrectly - an engineer is required to investigate the fault, but (as happened in your case) this needs to be done from the exchange rather than your premises. This is something we're addressing with BT however it does still happen.
I can see from the ticket that an engineer is due to attend your premises this afternoon, there should be more information available following this visit.
Hope that helps, and sorry for the trouble caused there.