cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newby to PlusNet

piscesgr

Newby to PlusNet

I have joined PlusNet on Monday after my previous provider (PIPEX) decided to cancel my broadband because they received a so called cancellation of line from my line provider (BT). I have sing up on Monday 1pm and by Tuesday morning i had broadband, i was very impressed and i am person that doesn't get impressed very easily.
7 REPLIES 7
Mark
Grafter

Re: Newby to PlusNet

Good to have you onboard and welcome to the forums.
Hopefully we'll see you around these parts often.
Mark
mal0z
Grafter

Welcome to the community .
Watch out for invoices from the old provider - it took six months before they finally realised I had moved to PN - they just don't seem to respond to emails etc, and their phone line is an expensive 0871 one, and you often have to hang on for 10 minutes waiting for them to answer - cost about £1 or more.
MommaCat
Grafter

Welcome from another escapee!  Grin  I have to say that I am VERY IMPRESSED with Plusnet - with it's user area, the forum where people are so helpful!  My connection now is very reliable - something I have not experienced with the past two ISPs!
Something else I have just found out is that the firewall on the router is very good.  I had been using the Microsoft one for a little while, but went back to ZoneAlarm.  On checking the logs, I find there are no hits listed, so I can only presume that the router firewall (although only set on low) is doing the job before anything gets picked up by ZA!
Not applicable

Welcome piscesgr - hope that your connection is speedy and reliable.
Also nice to have you on the forum so hope that you will return.
*Nice to see you back MommaCat - hope the little ones are happy and well.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Interesting,is there a reason he can sign up in a day over the usual 7 days activation?
James
Grafter

Lots and lots of luck, basically!
MommaCat
Grafter

Nice to see you back MommaCat - hope the little ones are happy and well.

Thanks, Poppy!  However there is only one!  She's not happy because this morning I accidentally stepped backwards and stood on her tail.  She rushed off screaming something about ******* stupid cat slaves!  Grin Grin