cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user on Plusnet

richard45210

New user on Plusnet

Hi to all,
I have just joined Plusnet broadband on tuesday 22/11/2011.@ 12.00.The setting up was very easy,my pc runs on vista home premium.I received a text from plusnet to say my broadband a/c is open.as the pc is upstairs in the spare bedroom i have run a phone exten lead up to the desk into this i plugged in the filter ,then connected adsl & ethernet onward to router.switch on power green light on [ good], and after about 7 mins  all lights on and ready to go.I was able to use google chrome ,so was able to surf wonderful.
In the afternoon my email address was changed to a Plus.com address with the great help from the support team,thankyou again.
So now i am able to use my pc as well as before with plusnet my provider Smiley
Many thanks to the support team.. Wink
6 REPLIES 6
grudkin
Grafter

Re: New user on Plusnet

Welcome to plusnet and the community forum! Wink
Hope you enjoy being a plusnet customer. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi richard45210,
Welcome on board Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Welcome richard45210,
as the pc is upstairs in the spare bedroom i have run a phone exten lead up to the desk into this i plugged in the filter ,then connected adsl & ethernet onward to router.

Just something to be aware of, using a telephone phone extension cable to the router can often result in reduced ADSL speeds. If possible, connect the router using the standard cable supplied to the master telephone socket and then run an ethernet cable from the router to the computer ( or use wireless ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

It depends on what is convenient and what one plans to do with ones internet connection. I have no problems with a 10 metre run of internal telephone cable and can get up to 10Mbps on my connection. No problem at all for browsing, emails and streaming. There is already too much clutter near the main socket and ethernet cable is much thicker than telephone wire so more obvious.
However if the speeds you are getting do not meet your needs try following MisterW's advice.
richard45210

to both "alanf" & "misterW" thankyou for your comments,my speed seems ok ,no problems with surfing. Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

my speed seems ok

In that case, the old adage 'if it aint broke don't fix it' applies. Leave well alone...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.