cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet

abrad52

New to Plusnet

Hello everyone, I am new to plusnet this week. I am on the value package at presaent, could someone tell me if I get any e-mail account with this package.
Thanks
Andy
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: New to Plusnet

Welcome to the forum
Not sure what you are after.
PN send you an e-mail to "Postmaster" at the end of your billing month with the amount they are going to take from your bank
All other transaction are via the internet on the Members section, they dont use snail mail at all
tonycollinet
Grafter

Yes you do.
If you log on to the member center (www.plus.net) click on "Memeber Center" and use your logon ID and password - then you can go to Connection Settings (Under My Account on the LHS), then click "Connection Details", and you should see your email details near the bottom of that page.
itsme
Grafter

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You can also view mail at https://webmail.plus.net/src/login.php
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: itsme
You need to go https://portal.plus.net/my.html?yfEhVqhSKgPJx2%2BAdZQ7qhGvNgoXUgKqC3f0fFmIgOsmrrsujjYNOoAbUr2%2FgAxC... to setup and control you email account.

That link is specific to your session and will not work for another user. The link you need to use is:
http://email.plus.net/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Ellis
Grafter

Yes, you get email facilities with your value account and you also get a small webspace if you want to set up a simple website.
I always advise my colleagues to use either their own domain (which I do) or something else which is independent of your ISP. If you change ISP's then you don't have to change your email address. A colleague recently changed to Plus Net and I was trying to obtain a permanent address for him on our club website when he phoned to say that his college had offered all retired employees a permanent "for life" email address. So that solved the problem.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Ellis
and you also get a small webspace if you want to set up a simple website.

New users don't get webspace!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
abrad52

Hi all,  thank you very much for your replys, I will have a look at all the links and see what I can find.
Ellis - I already have a domain name, hosted else where - if anyone is interested its www.absbta2011.co.uk and I have some e-mail address which finish in @absbta2011.co.uk.
Thanks again
Andy
Not applicable

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that once you have set your new email address up in the member centre (it will read as xxxxx@username.plus.com,) you will need to send an email to it in order to activate the mailbox.