cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet, should I cancel while I can?

baileymontblank
Dabbler

New to Plusnet, should I cancel while I can?

Im new to plusnet, only took out BB and phone because of the customer service reports online but it seems on here there are a lot of dissatisfied people!Still waiting to be connected from 27th dec?
jim:red All caps in title corrected as per Forum Rule mod:end
16 REPLIES 16
picbits
Rising Star

Re: NEW TO PLUSNET,SHOULD I CANCELL WHILE I CAN?

Don't forget that more people join the forum to report a problem and complain than to sign up and give positive feedback. Those without issues tend to happily get on with their life.
You say "still waiting to be connected from 27th Dec" ? Was that your planned installation date or was that when you signed up ?
Most of the issues seem to be caused by BT Openreach either not turning up or causing another issue but there are the occasional mess ups by PN themselves.
In my eyes they are still one of the best value all round ISPs at the moment.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: NEW TO PLUSNET,SHOULD I CANCELL WHILE I CAN?

Did not think I would ever say this but yes get out while you can. PlusNet is in a mess right now with no sign of it being sorted soon.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New to Plusnet, should I cancel while I can?

[Moderator's post by Jim (Oldjim) Poll removed as It appeared to be an error]
dcash29
Dabbler

Hi Bailey
Before Christmas it took them ages to connect me. Problem is the communication is rubbish.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Openreach and Plusnet BT owned?
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Yes they are - but my understanding is they have to by law be run as separate companies to level the playing field, no favoritism . It's not unusual in business there are many companies that are subsidiaries of others.
I agree with picbits most of the complaints are either about phone wait times [PN are the only company I have got through too in under 10 minutes] or about missed engineer appointments. Of course I have no idea what happens behind the the scenes but I would like to think that PN and other ISPs are making waves to the relevant authorities about the shocking support from their 'suppliers'
Spider
Grafter

Quote from: dcash29
Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Openreach and Plusnet BT owned?

This is a question or statement that comes up many times, especially where there is a problem. More information on BT Group PLC can be found on the linked page.  Now I might get this wrong but here is the order of ownership.
Plusnet PLC is owned by
BT PLC which is owned by
BT Group Investments Ltd
baileymontblank
Dabbler

My planned installation date was the 27th DEC.I have emailed them several times with no reply just automated msg.Then I called them and after 45 minuates told it would take a further 72 hours and Im still waiting!!!
Tibbie
Grafter

I would agree with picbits, 9 years or so with plusnet, and no real issues in that time, as he says people come on the forums for a moan, sometimes with good reason,
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: baileymontblank
.I have emailed them several times with no reply just automated msg.

Plusnet do not have an email support system - you need to use the ticket system.
When did they say it would take an extra 72 hours to get the issue sorted ? Was that 72 working hours or three days from your phone call ?
I do agree that missed appointments and installation dates is totally unacceptable, especially when a lot of people rely on their internet connection for everyday life.
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: Tibbie
as he says people come on the forums for a moan, sometimes often with good reason,

Modified quote ! I'd say that 95% of people who come on and moan have a valid gripe with the service received albeit mainly with installation issues outside of PN's control (i.e. BT Openreach).
PN aren't always angels in following up the issues with customers occasionally having to do some chasing and reminding the PN staff but generally things get resolved if possible.
I've said this before and I'll say it again, for what I pay and what I get for my money, I'm happy with Plusnet. If I was running a mission critical business and wanted a guaranteed service level and telephone / ticket support within a certain time, I could move to another supplier and pay a lot more money. I'm a realist but do think that PN need to sort out the call waiting times and ticket response times to build and maintain their reputation otherwise they will end up with ex customers slating them every time a potential customer asks for their opinion of them on forums.
dcash29
Dabbler

And you know why Openreach are so rubbish, because its nigh impossible to complain and Ofcom merely note your complaint so do diddly squat .
picbits
Rising Star

Indeed - it's frustration to the max.
I'm sure people would be more tolerant of the genuine cockups by PN if there weren't so many caused by outside factors (i.e. BTOR) however when you see people complaining of failed install after install due to no shows, tempers get a little frayed and it looks bad on PN.
At least when I had a fallout with Sky and told them their equipment would be on my driveway at 10am sharp on a certain day, they had an engineer ready to pick it all up .......
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@baileymontblank
I'm really sorry to hear about this issue and the apparent lack of communication.
I can see the installation on the 27th failed as the engineer had issues identifying the correct socket, unfortunately the agent you spoke to here on January 1st error when sending a query to our provisioning team to be chased up, hence the lack of updates so apologies for that.
If you'd like to proceed I can make sure this is chased so we can find out precisely what needs to be done before fibre can be installed and get the relevant order placed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
baileymontblank
Dabbler

How long will this take as im running out of patience! And thinking of getting my money back.