Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order, lack of communication

danb21t
Dabbler

New order, lack of communication

Hi,
I have placed my fibre order on 16th May and I am still waiting.
I have had updates few and far between, which includes the inconclusive email and SMS receive the day before an engineer was due to site.  I had to ring you to find out if the engineer was still attending, which he wasn't, a wasted day of holiday used. Thank you very much.
I request a call back the next day and no one bothers, my order gets passed around internally but always goes back to the supplier team. Until my order is completed it shouldn't lead the supplier team, they should be hounding BT until the provide a suitably acceptable delivery date.
Please can someone chase this and escalate where possible.
Question which is currently open:86294335

I am on call this week and require internet access by the weekend.
I look forward to see what customer services offer in terms of good will for being so understanding!
Kind Regards
Dan
34 REPLIES 34
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: New order, lack of communication

Dan, welcome to the forum, albeit in frustrating circumstances. The forum isn't permanently manned by PN staff but I'm sure that they'll pick this up tomorrow morning, probably after 08.30.
danb21t
Dabbler

Indeed and that is appreciated. I have in fact spoken to CS this evening. I am not a fan of the question method of communication and lack of. This forum has proven a better source of information when previously dealing with an issue my father had.
Here's hoping the mods will move things along.
BTW, hi all 🙂
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Here is the bad news - mods are just customers and can't help
Staff on here though can and will
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danb21t,
I'm very sorry to hear that there's been a delay with your order. I've had a look at the order and it looks like this is delayed due to planning and routing. Is it a new build that you've moved into?
There may be extensive external work required which is causing the delay. Our Supplier team are the team dedicated to liaising with our suppliers so they are the best team to be dealing with your order. This is due another update today and you will receive a call by the end of the day with the update. If they can't get through to speak with you they will email and send you a text message.
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Linn,
No, this property isn't a new build, it is a regular terraced property with lines terminating to both houses each side. I have just received a call from one of your colleagues and this has been placed on hold with the supplier for yet another 24hours. We seem to keep loosing 24 hours here, there and everywhere. It will be July before this is finalised.
A frustrating situation for all involved. BT need to sort this out really.
Could some please pop and update in here by the close of today?
Regards,
Dan
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Dan,
Sorry to hear of your woes.  By the sounds of things, it might be the case that there are no spare functional wires in your area and new cables need laying.  BTOR can be somewhat slow on such matters, giving priority to fixing faults over new provisions.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Dan,
Apologies for their being no update to this thread by close of play on Friday. I can see there have been some extensive updates on the support ticket over the past few days which have been pushed back and forth between yourself and BTO. I've just taken a closer look at the order and can confirm that this is currently sat with their Openreach Network Planning for Routing team so progress is being made although work is required to get that line up and running for you.
I can appreciate the frustrations you have regarding this as there have been extensive delays across the order but rest assured, we'll do all we can to speed this up! Unfortunately in some rare cases such as this there will be extensive work required to provide a service and it can take some time get to a resolution.
If you keep your eye on ticket 86294335, you should have an update once we have more detail back from BTO.

Thanks,
Adam C
danb21t
Dabbler

Good morning Adam,
Are you able to chase BTOR for me today, they have had ample time now.
Kind Regards,
Dan
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning Dan,
I've been chasing it up for you this morning and it looks like there have been complications regarding access to the BT equipment. It seems that a neighboring garden has an access grate which they've placed a concrete ornament on which has caused the hold up as they've had to make arrangements for this to be moved.
After chasing the delay up on the phone it looks like they have an engineer booked in to carry out the work on the 23/06/14 between 1pm and 6pm so apologies for the delay in getting this resolved, thankfully it looks like they have finally coordinated the work.
I'll update the support ticket to reflect these details and request that the appointments are monitored by the provisioning team.

Thanks,
Adam C
danb21t
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Many thanks for gathering this update.
The 23rd is a long way away, although the fact that they have provided a date is positive. Are you able to press them to move this forward? This will be over 5 weeks since I placed the order.
Failing that please let me know the location of said ornament and I will look to move it myself.
Can you also confirm that the fibre will be live at the same time the telephone service is installed?
Regards,
Dan
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again Dan,
After speaking to them this morning, that was the earliest date available for an engineer in your area so we wouldn't be able to get anything any earlier I'm afraid.
On the flip side, the fibre install engineer is now booked for the same PM slot on the 23/06/14 so both services should be live on the same date.

Thanks,
Adam C
danb21t
Dabbler

Not happy!
Well my installation and activation day is here. I'd like to say I'm updating this using my super fast fttc but no.... BT have screwed up again.
Kelly engineer attends site, installs the line to the house, pretty good job... Then nothing. No dial tone. Issue between the cabinet and exchange.
I am seriously tempted to bin this order off and go with virgin.
danb21t
Dabbler

However after speaking to a lady in support it was discovered that my fttc is indeed working. It is just my telephone service that isn't.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi danb21t,
Sorry to hear that the land line isn't working following the engineer's visit. I've spoken to Openreach this morning and they've advised that they've arranged for a multi-skilled engineer to attend to clear the external fault on the line. They've informed us that this should be complete in 48 working hours but to check back for further updates on the 26th. I've updated the details on Ticket: 86294335 and our Provisioning team will continue to monitor this for you.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.