cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

Caleroguy

New customer

Just signed up for Plusnet and finding the customer support slow, unhelpful.....anyone can allay my fears about joining...

13 REPLIES 13
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: New customer

Oh stop it, you're killing me. Funny

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

They were once brilliant Thumbs_Up  But now ?????  not so much Sad

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Minivanman
Legend

I'm guessing there must be some sort of ratio between poor customer service and churn rates with the latter being acceptable in regards to the former. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Hi @Caleroguy,

Welcome to the Community! Is there anything in particular you need help with? I am sure that a member of our Community Help Team will be able to help you out if you have any questions about your order or just have some general questions you'd like an answer to without having to call or use the online chat.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

quelquod
Pro

I think it's true that CS has taken a bit of a battering lately on response time and general knowledgeability. The good news is that generally you're unlikely to need them, in my experience (since 1998) when things are working OK they just keep doing that.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Generally I find them very good and have only ever needed to call Customer Support on very rare occasions. Granted we do hear stories about slow response times answering calls but that's true of any big company. It all depends on what time of day you phone. Of course you could always do an online Chat instead, response times there are usually quite quick. I'm sure if you ask your question in this thread one of us could help out or at least share our own experience.

When I first came to Plusnet I used a website called ThinkBroadband, I'd been reviewing my previous provider o2 on a monthly basis to help other would be customers make an informed decision about which provider to choose. By way of comparison I've just done a quick check to see how Plusnet compares with the other competitors I think this should help you decide for sure. See here: Broadband Comparison

Hope it helps Thumbs_Up

FAO Plusnet :

If @Caleroguy joins based on my feedback can I please have a discount? Funny

artmo
Aspiring Champion

I agree. The service from PN is generally good but they let themselves down if there is a problem. I needed to phone them on Sunday afternoon and they were saying it would be 30 minutes to get through to them. This is not acceptable IMO.

I have contacted them a number of times in the last 12 months. Each time they have unacceptable waits on the phone.  They have always said things would improve when the Leeds centre is up and running. How long does it take to sort this out?

Minivanman
Legend

Well of course they are generally good when there is no problem but in this business that is not what we want is it? It's a bit like saying how wonderful the NHS is until we need treatment.

It's so ironic that a communication company is so difficult to communicate with when things go wrong. They really do need to pull their socks up on this.   

Herman Melville
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@artmo wrote:

I have contacted them a number of times in the last 12 months. Each time they have unacceptable waits on the phone.  They have always said things would improve when the Leeds centre is up and runnung. How long does it take to sort this out?

You mean to say that the Leeds centre still isn't running? Crikey almighty they told me about that nearly two years ago. In fact it was around the time I joined and I almost cancelled my application because of the horrendous delays on their phone support. Back then it was common to wait in excess of 45 minutes or more.

All this reminds me of a funny answr machine message on my phone

Thank you for calling, all lines are busy right now, your call will be answered in the order in which it was received. You are number 9453. Your call is important to us so don't hang up or you will lose your place in line. For your convenience you may leave a message at the tone and we'll get back to you a whole lot sooner.

artmo
Aspiring Champion

I think Leeds is up and running. The problem is they just don't have enough agents on the phones.

Maybe a PN employee could clarify this for us and to say if delays of 30 minutes and more are regarded as satisfactory.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Artmo, I doubt if PN will reply
Its commercially sensitive information 😣
But yes previous improvement promises are still outstanding 😞
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
MKSlinky
Seasoned Pro

@artmo wrote:

I think Leeds is up and running. The problem is they just don't have enough agents on the phones.

Yes it must be hard to find enough people who live in Leeds with a Yorkshire accent, still better than the offshore agents Amazon & Sony use, you need a pocket translator to understand them. Not good when you're half deaf!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@Caleroguy wrote:

Just signed up for Plusnet and finding the customer support slow, unhelpful.....anyone can allay my fears about joining...

Hello @Caleroguy and a warm welcome to the community forums

I'm really sorry to hear you're having second thoughts about joining us. Anything I can help with on here?

@MKSlinky wrote:

FAO Plusnet :

If @Caleroguy joins based on my feedback can I please have a discount? Funny

I believe they've already joinedWink

@artmo wrote:

Maybe a PN employee could clarify this for us and to say if delays of 30 minutes and more are regarded as satisfactory.

It's absolutely not satisfactory and something we are working towards bringing down.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button