cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer joining Plusnet

caney97
Rising Star

New customer joining Plusnet

I am a new customer waiting to change from BT to Plusnet. I am slightly disappointed with all the negative reviews and comments I am reading. I hope it’s a case of people more interested in complaining that I am seeing rather than the people with good experience who don’t take the time to let everyone know the positives. I hope I will not be disappointed as my experience with BT has not been the best. If anyone would like to share the good experience with Plusnet I would be pleased to hear your experience. Regards Brian.

6 REPLIES 6
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: New customer joining Plusnet

Hi , welcome i have been here 8 years without any major problems ,they were once one the better ISP,s  But i will say that the service has gone downhill Sad

And the worse thing is its 90% the same reoccurring errors that they haven't fixed yet Sad

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Why-I-have-left-Plusnet/td-p/1389353

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@caney97 Welcome to the forums, Brian.

You will always see more problems than praises on sites like this - if something is working OK, there's little chance of people saying so - people only really post when things aren't right.

You don't have to take my word for it, just have a glance at other support forums - not just broadband ones, but power suppliers, shopping sites &c.

However, if you DO have problems with your PN connection, post in the relevant sub-forum and someone (staff/and or experienced customers) will happily help.

John
caney97
Rising Star

Thank you for you honest reply.

caney97
Rising Star

Thanks John, that is my thought and I can only hope I have a positive experience with pn

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Brian and welcome aboard.

We're here for you so let us know if you need any help at all. -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Brian,

A warm welcome to the forums.  I’ve been with PlusNET around 16 years.  Others have already made the key points...

• The majority use the forums as a place to complain about things
  • The technical and business processes required to deliver service are complex and inevitably things do go wrong
  • Many people have little understanding of the under their control which can impact service performance and have unreasonable expectations on the supplier (whoever it is) to be responsible for fixing all issues
  • Connectivity issues are largely not in the hands of any ISP to directly resolve
  • The interfaces to BT's business systems which every ISP use appears to be flaky and error prone leading to frequent human error
  • There is room for improvement in a number of areas... especially call answering times ... though if BT made fewer errors, there would be fewer calls - from experience any activity involving BT has required a minimum of 3 support calls - the vast bulk of the necessity to contact support arises out of a BT failure
  • When the phone is answered invariably the person answering can fix the issue there and then
  • If they can’t recourse to these forums usually brings about a resolution - with from staff or a customer

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.