cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer grumble before even getting started.

M10LCK

New customer grumble before even getting started.

As a new customer, I found the initial process of joining your service quite miss leading. I had two conflicting emails regarding the speed in which I would be able to get from your fibre services. Initially I was quoted 52mbps in one email when I placed the order and the second email confirming the installation date stating a speed of 6mbps.
I immediately called customer services, whereby I was on hold for at least 20 minutes at a time (60 minutes in total) and spoke to 3 different people. Again, each gave me different information regarding my line speed once the account was active which only confused the matter further.
The following day another call to customer services – this time to cancel the whole order as I felt I wasn't going to get the speed offered when I placed the order. However, at this point I was told the reason regarding the different speeds. It turns out that as I need a new line putting in place and will first need an ADSL line of 6mbps before being boosted to the fibre speed of 52mbps as originally quoted. At no point was I told that this would need to happen, therefore not expecting to be told that my fibre speed would only be 6mbps and causing such confusion.
The Customer Services operator assured me that the speed would increase to 52mbps once the engineer had been to install the line. Now I'm willing to put this down as a matter of miss-informing emails from plusnet and understanding of the process on my part. 
I feel that I wasn't full made aware that the line would first have to be ADSL before being boosted to fibre.
Sorry Plusnet but I just hope that this hasn't gotten us off to a bad start.
Kind Regards,
Matt
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New customer grumble before even getting started.

Hi M10LCK,
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience so far.
I have had a look into your account and can confirm that the estimated speed for FTTC on the phone line, once it's installed, is set at 52.7Mbps downstream and 15Mbps upstream. I'm sorry for any confusion surrounding this and for the long wait times you've experienced. We are working on improving these.
I can see that my colleage is keeping a personal eye on your account until you're activated.
M10LCK

Thanks for your reply Linn.
I really do hope that it is just a small blip that I needed to get of my chest so too speak.
Roll on installation time.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Matt, completely understand! Smiley
I can confirm that the orders are progressing and once the Fibre service has been installed successfully you should see speeds up to 52Mbps. Just keep in mind that if you're connecting via wireless then your speeds will most likely be lower than this estimated speed. Personally, I get an estimated speed of 77Mbps downstream and when I'm connected via wireless I tend to see my speeds fluctuate between 40-45Mbps.
Hope the installation goes smoothly for you and don't hesitate to give us a shout if we can be of further assistance in the future! Smiley