cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer -- first impressions

philhh

New customer -- first impressions

Placed an order for Unlimited Fibre Extra on 2nd March, with a month's notice for changeover on 31st March.
Spoken to Support one time and found them friendly and helpful. Getting through on the phone is a slow business, though.
Here's one thing, though, that makes me think 'Not a Good Start'. PN wrote to me on 11th March to confirm that the order has been placed with a completion date of 31st March. They told me that the router should be with me 2 to 3 days before the service is activated.
Today I've received an e-mail from PN to say that the router was dispatched on 30th March with an expected delivery time of 3 to 5 days. This is a migration from ADSL to Fibre, so I have no suitable legacy kit. Now I know that the router will _probably_ arrive tomorrow, but that delivery schedule appears to build in the possibility of leaving me for 2 to 4 days with no internet connection.
Wouldn't it be better to send it 5 days earlier? Just a thought.
To be continued...
5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: New customer -- first impressions

Yes has often be raised by others; but dispatch date is often wrongly stated; I had mine day before it was supposed to have been mailed. Undecided
philhh

Gel -- you're right; it arrived today, sorry PN. But you must admit it's confusing. [As an aside, left on the doorstep by Royal Mail, in view of the street and exposed to weather. I have a ten-year history of complaining to RM about this, with many soothing anodyne replies, but can't do much as I am not the customer. In this case PN, as the customer, may like to note what their carrier is doing.]
All4One
Grafter

PN can't do much about your postie leaving it on your doorstep. Just get friendly with your postie! Crazy
Any way, the router boxes are (I'm pretty sure) wrapped...unless they become ripped...
philhh

Phone line transferred over seamlessly.
The old ADSL service went down at 12:40. Called PN support at 3:40 pm as I hadn't heard anything. Got through relatively quickly and the guy manually activated my new service.
Stuck the router on and let it set itself up  -- it took the stated 5 minutes.
73.5 Mbps down, 18.8 Mbps up (previously about 13 down, 0.8 up and a stingy usage limit).
So a pity about the long interruption in service -- I should perhaps have called support earlier --  but overall I'm a happy bunny.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Welcome to the happy band of fibre customers!  Cheesy