cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - Total failure to provide service - avoid Plusnet

MindlessZombie

New customer - Total failure to provide service - avoid Plusnet

OK, I'm now editing my original post after no-one has even bothered to respond. My support ticket is still waiting any response from Plusnet 2 days later. I've dealt with a lot of comms providers at work, and can safely say that Plusnet are terrible.
If you are browsing this forum because you're considering becoming a plusnet customer, my only advice is stay away.
-----------------------
My ADSL was supposed to be live by midnight on Friday. It still doesn't work. I have changed the router, microfilter, cables etc. I have never received the promised text/email informing me that the service is now live. If I log into the member centre and check the order status, it's still sat at: "Checking your line - We're running the final checks on your telephone line before submitting your order".
I rang on Saturday morning and was on hold for over 20 mins before I got to speak to someone. He then told me that it should be live and put me through to the technical department. After over another 20 mins on hold, no-one had answered. I had to hang up as I had to go out.
I then got a text confirming that a ticket had been opened - I managed to get this loaded on my phone and added a comment that I had changed router, microfilter, cables etc. and pointed out that I work in IT for a construction company and part of my job is looking after our hundreds of phone lines and connections, so if I've missed something, I'll be very embarrassed. 2 days later, no-one has responded to my comment and no-one has contacted me.
If my ADSL is supposedly live, why does my order status say that the line is still being checked and you haven't even submitted the order yet? Why have I never received the confirmation text and email informing me it's live?
I am posting here as I am at work and cannot spend forever on hold waiting for the call to be answered.
It's 2015 guys, an internet connection is not a luxury, it's an essential service. If you cannot provide the promised ADSL connection, then please cancel my contract and I'll go elsewhere. (You can't charge me a cancellation fee for a service you've failed to provide).
So when will my connection go live?
dick:red All caps posting edited as per forum rule
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New customer - TOTAL FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICE - AVOID PLUSNET

I'm looking in to this now, give me 5-10 minutes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

You should be able to get online now.
I've just looked over the account and I'm not particularly impressed with the information you were given at the weekend, I've passed feedback on internally as all that was needed was for your account to be activated on our side.
I'm sorry for the problems but if you can try and connect when you're at home I'm hopeful you'll be up and running.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MindlessZombie

Quote from: Chris
I've just looked over the account and I'm not particularly impressed with the information you were given at the weekend, I've passed feedback on internally as all that was needed was for your account to be activated on our side.

Seriously? The connection hadn't be activated by Plusnet? Isn't that a pretty basic step, and how on earth was it missed?
Thanks for the help - I'll see if it's working when I get home. I'm still astounded that not only was the connection not activated, but apparently no-one noticed and then insisted that it was live and should work!
dick:blue Quote edited to avoid infringing a forum rule.
mikeonforum
Dabbler

Re: New customer - Total failure to provide service - avoid Plusnet

I hope this works for you.
I had a similar gap between ADSL to fibre switch over. I was waiting for the speed to change for 3 days and speaking to customer support. The 'system' didn't actually switch over until 4 days after change over yet this appeared to go unnoticed by customer support. There does seem to be some assumption going on and standard answers used where it would be more useful to check all the facts of the situation.
MindlessZombie

I still don't have a working connection. I've triple-checked the details. I will have to call in the morning and if tech support can't give me working broadband, I'll have to contact the regulator.
I know they said they've now properly activated it, but considering they told me that on Saturday and completely missed that it wasn't activated at all, I don't trust them to have done it right...
Chris
Legend

From what I can see you're now connected?
0:5:50 (on going)
Let us know if you have any issues.
MindlessZombie

Finally! - yes, am connected, no idea what kicked it into life, but at least it's up now. Thanks.