cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account, phone request ignored

Anonymous
Not applicable

New account, phone request ignored

I rang Provisioning Dept at 9am on Monday, requested a choice of allocated phone number if possible, as I did with BT 15 years ago, and was informed a note had been put on my account to ring me with a choice before number allocated.
However, at 10:25am, I received an email informing me of my new allocated phone number.
I had not been rung or consulted on this.
I rang back, and was told it was too late to look at alternative numbers now, possibly worth a look after my new phone system in operation.
Basically, it looks like someone didn't read, or fully read my notes before allocating my new phone number..
At least a phone call or email stating there was no choice available.
The CS op also couldn't tell me whether the requested XD and CLI stop (withold number) would be in force, again, I would have to wait until after my phone line became active.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New account, phone request ignored

PlusComUK,
I believe we could have offered you a choice here. However what has happened is that two support queries were open with regards to the same subject, lets call them ticket A and ticket B. Ticket A was closed by an agent stating that it was a duplicate of ticket B. What I believe should have happened next was an update on ticket B saying "please ensure you read the notes on ticket A about offering a choice of numbers to the customer".
We apologise for this being overlooked and I'm in the process of giving feedback to some of the agents who handled this ticket.
We can change the number but not at this stage I'm afraid. We are happy to look at doing this when the order to activate your phone service completes.
I'll keep a note your your account details and make sure I deal with that when the time comes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation.
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Never a problem Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team