cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation - In Limbo! Plusnet has gone crazy!!

melb01

New Installation - In Limbo! Plusnet has gone crazy!!

I was advised by Plusnet that I'd have a new phone and Fibre BB installed today.
But, no, yesterday Plusnet, for some unknown reason, cancelled the Fibre BB installation.
Why cancel it the day before the engineer was to install it? The engineer could have installed it; he had the kit.
But, no, PlusNet in their wisdom cancelled it, and, therefore, the engineer no longer had authorisation to complete the job.
Furthermore, I received an email earlier this week from PlusNet saying that I'm currently getting 78Mbps, instead of in reality 0Mbps.
Seems like one half of PlusNet doesn't communicate with the other half!
Have to wait now another two weeks for another appointment, another morning at home.....
Why oh why did I leave Orange? I'm certainly not impressed by PlusNet, they ain't doing me proud!  
Mel
11 REPLIES 11
Akira
Grafter

Re: New Installation - In Limbo! Plusnet has gone crazy!!

I know it's frustrating, but you have to be patient, mate.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Really sorry about this, but as per the ticket on your account the delays on the phone order caused the broadband to be delayed. Unfortunately the phone order has also not yet completed on our suppliers systems as things stand.
I'll give our provisioning team a heads up to get this chased as I believe the phone order should be due to complete soon, you should get an update over the weekend.
melb01

Matt,
Didn't make myself clear --- The new phone line was installed today by OpenReach, on the date as was agreed with PlusNet over two weeks ago. The new phone works OK.
BUT, PlusNet yesterday cancelled the Fibre BB part of the installation with OpenReach! Why?
I don't understand your "the delays on the phone order caused the broadband to be delayed" observation when until yesterday, to OpenReach, they were one and the same job for the engineer!
I think you can understand my comment "one half of PlusNet doesn't communicate with the other half!"
Frankly, I think PlusNet should learn from this type of event, and try to improve its overall installation experience for customers.
Mel in Limbo Land
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

PlusNet yesterday cancelled the Fibre BB part of the installation with OpenReach! Why?

The fibre order will have been cancelled by our suppliers as we ordered phone and fibre together as a "simultaneous order". That means if the phone part of the order is delayed it causes the fibre order to be cancelled on our suppliers systems.
We are sorry for how this has become apparent to you as I fear we could have set a better expectation about how this works before going ahead and raising the relevant orders.
I'll make sure we get a new order raised and reappointed ASAP for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
melb01

Appreciate the reply.
BUT, PlusNet's installations really are a dog's dinner of unnecessary complexity and aggravation for the customer.
You seem resigned to the fact that a "simultaneous order" can be just broken apart by OpenReach on a whim. They say PN cancelled the Fibre Order, and you say they cancelled it! Never had this issue with Virgin/ntl - a man comes and installs what you want. It's Common or Garden efficient!
Additionally, OpenReach leaves a lot to be desired with its automated telephone booking confirmation system - I wouldn't allow any system like this to contact my customers - far too impersonal and prone to error.
So, unfortunately, with PlusNet delays are guaranteed whilst each part of the jigsaw fits together - my order was placed on 3rd February and the one delay was because I wanted the OpenReach engineer to come later on during the installation day.
Now, we are on he 11th March, and PlusNet still have to place a Fibre Order with OpenReach.
( Additionally, I think there is something wrong with the new line's dial-tone - It's the oddest I've ever heard ! So, I'm sure that phase 2 of this project aint going to run smoothly )
I really hope PlusNet are not going to charge me for this non-existant BroadBand service.
Mel
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You seem resigned to the fact that a "simultaneous order" can be just broken apart by OpenReach on a whim.

That's exactly what happens to every simultaneous order where phone is delayed and is how this has always worked.
We'll do our best to respond to ticket 66816482 and we'll make sure that you're credited for any subscription billed since the account was activated up until the connetion is up and running. Really sorry for the delay.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
melb01

The parallel worlds of PlusNet goes on. PlusNet is a bit like the film "Source Code", where you constantly get a surprise, and learn see something new every day, always from a different perspective.
Today, PlusNet emailed me with a "Now you've had your BB service for a nearly a month, recommend someone and get a discount" offer
It pays to recommend Plusnet
Now that you've had your new Internet service for nearly a month, we thought you might be interested to learn how you can get it for free!
We give customers the chance to reduce their subscription by recommending Plusnet to others.

The only problem is that PlusNet/OpenReach have yet to install Fibre Broadband - it's now scheduled for next week! It really is impossible to recommend a supplier with a 0Mbps Broadband Service!
The parallel worlds of PlusNet's BroadBand fantasies and customer's BroadBand realities continues.
Must have a lie down now to get my brain around this latest PlusNet joke.  Smiley
Mel
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: melb01
( Additionally, I think there is something wrong with the new line's dial-tone - It's the oddest I've ever heard !)

Have you dialled 1571 to see if it's just that the dial tone is telling you that there is a new voicemail message?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
melb01

Hi jelv,
Many thanks for your post
Quote from: jelv
Have you dialled 1571 to see if it's just that the dial tone is telling you that there is a new voicemail message?

Yes, it was the PlusNet Voicemail system. I've never used any phone company's voicemail system before, so, this was a new one to me.  Embarrassed  Didn't even think that PlusNet would offer a centralised Voicemail feature.
Anyway, details about 5 junk calls plus 2 'no voicemail left' events were stacked up, so, I've switched off the voicemail feature for good.
Thanks again for the info.
Cheers
Mel
melb01

Fibre now installed - 72Mbps is real, not imaginary - Hip Hip Hooray!
It took six weeks instead of the PlusnNet initial estimate of two, but there you go, it's all history now.
Is it worth it? Yes. So far, based on two days usage, it's rock solid, but I'm still to fully understand the ThinkBroadband speed test.
Cheers
Mel      Smiley

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hurrah! Really glad it's installed and working, and really glad you're happy with it too. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know, and once again sorry it took so long to get it installed in the first place.