cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer

mossy54

New Customer

Hi. I have recently signed up for the Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Service together with the Plusnet Anytime International 300 phone service with line rental. The whole experience has been excellent starting with [removed] on Customer Service who took my initial call. You have kept me informed at all stages of the progress of the broadband set up and the transfer of the phone service. It is quite refreshing to see such excellent service delivery. I do have one concern and that is that my estimated broadband speed was 57Mbps and you have just advised me that my speed are 37Mbps and 3Mbps. This seems quite a difference. i have also tried the speed test on the Plus net website but it keeps saying there is a fault with the service and to please  be patient whilst it is fixed??? Independent speed tests however are showing anywhere from 12 to 18Mbps and whilst these might not be the most accurate there is a big difference in what was originally estimated. Could you please take a look at this for me and see if there are any reason why my line speed is this "slow" compared to the original estimate. Your assistance would be much appreciated.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.] but noted for staff
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Customer

It is always nice to hear good reports and welcome to the forum.
Don't be worried about the  removal of the Agent's name - it is a regular occurrence and the rule doesn't differentiate between - what a good job he did and that was a load of rubbish  Grin
mossy54

Thanks OldJim. The experience so far has been great and long may it continue. Will someone be getting back to me on the line speed issue or is there another avenue for addressing this?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Someone from the Digital Care team will reply shortly Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mossy54

Thanks Chris much appreciated.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just looked into this and noticed something that was set incorrectly on your account so apologies for that. If you can run another speed test you should hopefully see an improvement now.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mossy54

Hi Adam.
Just tried and still getting this message"Sorry - My Broadband Speed is currently experiencing technical difficulty and may display misleading test results. Thanks for bearing with us while we fix things."
The download speed shows as 11582Kbps. Upload speed check has been running for about 3 mins and still not finished. Still looks there is a speed issue.
I appreciate you looking into this.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you try a different speedtest?
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ should work
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.